2.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME:(mother and fathers middle name) Erica Lee
3.NASCAR NAME:(first name of your mother’s dad, father’s dad) Jim Glenn
4.STAR WARS NAME:[the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name] Chada
5.DETECTIVE NAME:(favorite color, favorite animal) Black Kitten
6.SOAP OPERA NAME:(middle name, town where you were born) Dawn Elkhart
7.SUPERHERO NAME: (2nd fav color, fav drink, add “THE” to the beginning) The Pink Captain Morgan and Coke
8.FLY NAME:(first 2 letters of 1st name, last 2 letters of your last name) Daan
9.STREET NAME:(fav ice cream flavor, fav cookie) Fleur de Sel Caramel Chocolate Snowflake
10. PORN NAME: (1st pet’s name, street you grew up on) Brownie Deer Park
11.YOUR GANGSTA NAME:(first 3 letters of last name plus izzle) Chaizzle
13.YOUR IRAQI.. NAME:(2nd letter of your first name, 3rd letter of your last name, first two letters of your middle name, last two letters of your first name then last three letters of your last name) Aadaasman
14.YOUR GOTH NAME:(black, and the name of one of your pets) Black Omar
15. STRIPPER NAME: (name of your favorite perfume/cologne, favorite candy) Coco Twix
Obama: Another Day, Another Broken Campaign Promise
This is actually news from yesterday, but I ran out of time to post it. So, here it is.
Perhaps you heard that the "stimulus" bill (which is actually just a Democrat's wet dream of a wish list) went to conference to make the House and Senate versions match? Surprisingly, they managed to bang out a compromise very quickly.
End the Practice of Writing Legislation Behind Closed Doors: As president, Barack Obama will restore the American people's trust in their government by making government more open and transparent. Obama will work to reform congressional rules to require all legislative sessions, including committee mark-ups and conference committees, to be conducted in public. By making these practices public, the American people will be able to hold their leaders accountable for wasteful spending and lawmakers won't be able to slip favors for lobbyists into bills at the last minute.
No accountability, no compromise, no bi-partisan cooperation, no transparency.
Yep, that just about covers the "most ethical administration EVAH" claims.
How do you like the Democrats and their Fearless Leader now?
You let me know when you begin to regret voting for the liar, okay?
UPDATE: Ironic other promises, also from The One (same webpage)
Sunlight Before Signing: Too often bills are rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them. As president, Obama will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.
Shine Light on Earmarks and Pork Barrel Spending: Obama's Transparency and Integrity in Earmarks Act will shed light on all earmarks by disclosing the name of the legislator who asked for each earmark, along with a written justification, 72 hours before they can be approved by the full Senate.
It's a three-fer! What a banner day! Obama breaks promise on closed-door legislation writing, bill rushing, and pork, all with ONE BILL.
I'm beginning to see why people call him "The One." The audacity of his hypocrisy is mind-blowing!
Gag Me With a Spoon, I'm not falling for your cheap theatrics
So. President Obama has been on tour promoting the bloated wish list the Democrats are calling "stimulus". You know, because support of the stimulus package has fallen to around 30% with the American public and The One has to put his magical glow on the thing to convince people that the steaming pile of dog shit is actually chocolate cream pie. Good luck with that!
Anyway, Obama's travels took him to Florida and we were presented with the image of Obama as Jesus. That's right folks! Get your first look at Obama's miracle healings here!
The only problem is, it was all so very scripted, so very convenient, so clearly staged.
I refer, of course, to the tale of Henrietta Hughes. Ms. Hughes is homeless and jobless, living in her vehicle with her adult son. At Obama's town hall meeting, she begged Obama for help. But, I have a few questions...
1. How did Ms. Hughes get tickets to the event? We know that Obama's team carefully vets every person in the room (something they don't bother to do, clearly, for cabinet nominees) and pre-approve any and all questions. So how is it that Ms. Hughes found her way into the town hall meeting? 2. And, how did she get such a primo seat in the front row? That's all more than a bit suspicious to me. 3. Moreover, the lady looked really well for someone who is living in her car. A two-hour drive in the Jeep has me looking the worse for wear, greasy and wrinkled. It is amazing how well she looks given her "long time" residency in her vehicle. 4. I find it even more curious that she could be there to bask in The One's light when she...might have been out looking for a job.
Now, don't get me wrong, I feel for the lady. But, the same national media that looked into Joe the Plumber's licenses and tax situation are surprisingly incurious about Henrietta Hughes. We don't know why she's homeless. We are just supposed to swallow the story and be moved by the way The One hugged her and made everything all right.
Sorry, it is all just a bit too contrived for me. Far too...traveling carnival.
Laaaadies and Genttttlemen: In the next tent - The bearded lady and the boy with two heads!
(That last is not a crack about Hillary or Harry Reid.)
One of my long-held big beefs with Obama (and Clinton before him and Democrats in general) is this slippery slope of national healthcare.
I have explained this to a number of people and I have never understood the reaction of some of them. You see, the Obamabots that I have expressed this to fail to comprehend my salient points and the slippery slope.
I have long contended that if you are "pro-choice" you can't be for a national healthcare system. Why? Simple. If you believe that you have the right to determine what happens to your own body, you can't reasonably agree to cede that right to some nameless, faceless bureaucrat or computer program running the probabilities and making the decisions.
And yet, that is exactly what has happened!
In the god-awful pork sandwich that is masquerading as "stimulus", that which Obama is trumpeting we must pass or NEVER RECOVER, is a smoking gun of a trojan horse. (Emphasis mine)
The bill’s health rules will affect “every individual in the United States”(445, 454, 479). Your medical treatments will be tracked electronically by a federal system. Having electronic medical records at your fingertips, easily transferred to a hospital, is beneficial. It will help avoid duplicate tests and errors.
But the bill goes further. One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective.
So, it won't be you or the doctor or the specialist or even the insurance company making the determination on your care. I hope all you pro-choice Obama supporters are happy. Welcome to the nanny state!
The idea driving all of this:
The goal, Daschle’s book explained, is to slow the development and use of new medications and technologies because they are driving up costs. He praises Europeans for being more willing to accept “hopeless diagnoses” and “forgo experimental treatments,” and he chastises Americans for expecting too much from the health-care system.
So, sucks to be you! We will treat with leaches and band-aids. If that don't fix you, suck it, Charlie! It has been decided that you are no longer cost-effective and shall be allowed to die. Say "Thank you."
Another of my long-held arguments was that this sort of bureacracy with regard to healthcare would make some people more "equal" than others. Old people, nearing the end of their lifespan, would not be priorities. Smokers, those who cling to unapproved lifestyles, would fall into this same category. And from there, it is a slippery slope to homosexuals, the overweight, those with high-stress jobs, etc.
Turns out, I wasn't too far off the mark:
Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them. That means the elderly will bear the brunt.
The stimulus bill would change that and apply a cost- effectiveness standard set by the Federal Council (464).
The Federal Council is modeled after a U.K. board discussed in Daschle’s book. This board approves or rejects treatments using a formula that divides the cost of the treatment by the number of years the patient is likely to benefit. Treatments for younger patients are more often approved than treatments for diseases that affect the elderly, such as osteoporosis.
In 2006, a U.K. health board decreed that elderly patients with macular degeneration had to wait until they went blind in one eye before they could get a costly new drug to save the other eye. It took almost three years of public protests before the board reversed its decision.
So, sorry Grandma, you are toast! The good news is that you will soon be joined in your final reward by your smoking homosexual grandson. Enjoy eternity!
So much for Obama's much-vaunted National Healthcare. It is exactly what I feared: a way to deprive us of the right to make the choice as it relates to our own health. Today, if I don't like the treatment my doctor is prescribing, I am free to explore other possibilities. But, if this item is signed into law, that will no longer be my right. Or yours.
An Arizona Rancher is being sued for $32 million by 16 illegal aliens. Why? Because he violated their civil rights, or that's their story.
Roger Barnett's ranch is on the Arizona-Mexico border. And, since 1998, he has been fighting a battle on his property. Apparently, his ranch land is some sort of illegal alien highway. Over the years, he's had his vehicles stolen, home broken into, his property (fences, cattle) destroyed, and his land littered upon. Illegal aliens have stolen his water and defecated on his property.
But apparently, he's the one in the wrong. Apparently, he doesn't have the right to defend his home and his property. Apparently, he's just supposed to let these people trample on his rights because somehow, by some unknown virtue, they are more entitled.
THIS IS FLAT-OUT WRONG!
But, this is also Obama's America.
Over the years, Barnett got fed up and started defending his property. He put electric sensors on the illegal alien superhighway and started rounding up those that he caught and turning them into the border patrol.
Let's be perfectly clear: reports indicate that he hurt nobody. His "sins" include approaching a "group of illegal immigrants while carrying a gun and accompanied by a large dog" ON HIS OWN PROPERTY. He is accused of holding these trespassers at gunpoint and threatening to shoot them or loose his dog if they did not comply. Oh, lest I not be thorough, it is also alleged that he shouted obscenities and kicked a woman. Apparently, he spoke to them in English and Spanish, proclaiming that his dog was "hungry for buttocks."
The injustice here is that any judge would let this travesty go to trial.
These people were trespassers. Mr. Barnett has a right to protect his life and property. If these people are violating Mr. Barnett's property, he has the right to deal with them as he will. There is no law against threatening someone or shouting, even shouting obscenities. There is also no law against patrolling your own property with a dog and/or gun. So far as I can tell, these people have no case. None. This is a grab for attention, a grab for rights not enumerated, a grab for special dispensation for one class against the very real rights of another.
I am outraged on behalf of Mr. Barnett! How dare these people claim to be the victims! This is no different than the cases in England where murders and thieves sue their victims for damages!
Of course, this is Obama's America now: where your property rightsf don't matter if the color of your skin is the wrong hue.
Congratulations, Obama: Most Excellent Administration EVAH!
Solis was a co-sponsor in 2007 of the so-called "Employee Free Choice Act," the card check legislation that would effectively eliminate the secret ballot and destroy the ability of employees to make an anonymous decision (without fear of retribution) on whether they want to join a union. She was also a co-sponsor of the Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act, legislation that would force states to allow public safety officers to form unions. At the same time, however, Solis was a board member of a pro-union organization, American Rights at Work, that has been lobbying Congress on both of these bills. According to a letter filed by Solis with the House Clerk on January 29, 2009, she was not just a director of the ARW, along with fellow travelers like David Bonior, Julian Bond, and John Sweeney, she was actually the treasurer. In other words, she is the official legally charged with the fiduciary duty of approving and signing off on all spending by the organization. And to make matters worse, she did not reveal to her colleagues in the House of Representatives that membership on her financial disclosure forms, which may constitute a separate ethical violation.
The Ethics Manual of the House of Representatives quite properly restricts the lobbying of members, stating on page 352 that they should not "take an active role in lobbying Congress on behalf of a private organization since that would conflict with a Member's general obligation to the public." That rule may be murky in some instances, but the role Solis played in ARW's lobbying efforts was not passive. In answering written follow-up questions from the Senate about ARW, Solis tries to cloud the real issue by arguing that members of Congress are allowed to serve without compensation on the boards of nonprofit organizations and that the lobbying prohibition only applies if she was "personally" supervising the lobbying.
Hey, Obamabots: You still basking in the glow, or are you starting to wake up?
"Stimulus"...I don't think that word means what you think it means...
I've sort of bastardized the quote from the title, but let's go with it.
The following is a listing of line items in the "stimulus" bill as provided by Senator Coburn's office. Michelle Malkin is all over this, but I know you won't click on the link. The snarky comments are mine.
* $2 billion earmark to re-start FutureGen, a near-zeroemissions coal power plant in Illinois that the Dept. of Energy defunded last year because the project was inefficient. Gee, yeah, let's throw money at something "inefficient." That sounds like a fantastic use of taxpayer money, sure to "stimulate" something.
* A $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie producers to buy motion picture film. They've GOT to be kidding. How about a tax break if they'll stop making movies that cast America and Americans as the villains?
* $650 million for the digital television (DTV) converter box coupon program. NO! This money would be simply saved by eliminating the mandate to digital programming. Someday when the economy is in better shape we can revisit it. In the meantime, feeding and housing people is more important than Jeopardy and Wheel.
* $88 million for the Coast Guard to design a new polar icebreaker (arctic ship). We shouldn't really need this. If Al Gore's Global Warming is real, the ice will melt all on its own in no time, drowning us all in our beds. Now, if you're willing to admit that Global Warming is a scam and a lie perpetrated on the unsuspecting...then we can talk.
* $448 million for constructing the Dept. of Homeland Security headquarters. Not necessary! Obama has made the world safe again, just by virtue of standing in the sun. Just ask the Obamabots! For example, NPR is now claiming that al Qaeda has been decimated! All it took was a black man with no experience and a change of sheets at 1400 Pennsylvania Ave.! We can eliminate the entire department and start petting the unicorns now!
* $248 million for furniture at the new Dept. of HomelandSecurity headquarters. If we don't need the building, we don't need the furniture. My guess is they weren't gonna be shopping at IKEA anyway.
* $600 million to buy hybrid vehicles for federal employees. I have a better idea. To save the planet in light of Al Gore's Global Warming, they shall all be equipped with brand new Schwinns! We'll spend a fraction of the cost and do an even better job for the planet. Furthermore, the upkeep on the bicycles will be much cheaper, add to the longevity of the lives of Federal Workers, and set a really good example for the rest of us rubes to learn from.
* $400 million for the CDC to screen and prevent STD’s. How does this stimulate the economy?
* $1.4 billion for a rural waste disposal programs. Screw that!
* $125 million for the Washington, D.C. sewer system. This seems pricey. Is this really necessary?
* $150 million for Smithsonian museum facilities. Umm..., no. This item can wait or hold out for some other benefactor than the American Taxpayer.
* $1 billion for the 2010 Census, which has a projected costoverrun of $3 billion. Hmm. Constitutional requirement, but perchance we could do it cheaper?
* $75 million for “smoking cessation activities” NO NO NO NO NO! This is NOT "stimulus."
* $200 million for public computer centers at community colleges. You are kidding, right?
* $75 million for salaries of employees at the FBI. NO! We are not expanding the Federal Payroll FOREVER and calling it "stimulus."
* $25 million for tribal alcohol and substance abuse reduction. Surely the tribes can do this for themselves with all of that casino money...
* $500 million for flood reduction projects on theMississippi River. This also does little to stimulate the economy.
* $10 million to inspect canals in urban areas. WTF?
* $6 billion to turn federal buildings into “green” buildings. If it is going to cost $6 billion, you can fahgeddaboutit. It's all a hoax anyway.
* $500 million for state and local fire stations. I can be reasonable. I'm gonna let this one go.
* $650 million for wildland fire management on Forest Service lands. NO! Not STIMULUS!
* $150 million for Smithsonian museum facilities Somebody please explain to me how this stimulates the economy on a national level.
* $1.2 billion for “youth activities,” including youth summer job programs. Yeah, no. We've got all kinds of problems with adults finding jobs. Youth summer jobs are not a big concern.
* $88 million for renovating the headquarters of the Public Health Service WTH? This is really just a wish list, isn't it?!?
* $412 million for CDC buildings and property NO!
* $500 million for building and repairing NIH facilities inBethesda, MD Jumpin' Jehosephat! NO!
* $160 million for “paid volunteers” at the Corporation forNational and Community Service. It seems to me that "paid volunteer" is an oxymoron, particularly for a Community Service organization. Of course, since our President's a prior "community organizer", I may get grief on this one.
* $5.5 million for “energy efficiency initiatives” at the VA“National Cemetery Administration” Dude! We have more important fish to fry!
* $850 million for Amtrak. Okay - this just pisses me off. Amtrak is a horrible waste of taxpayer money. Privatize the puppy! Make it pay for itself and spare the taxpayers!
* $100 million for reducing the hazard of lead-based paint. It is hazardous, so don't use it in schools, homes, office buildings. There, I just saved us $100 million.
* $75M to construct a new “security training” facility for State Dept Security officers when they can be trained atexisting facilitiesof other agencies. Unbelieveable!
* $110 million to the Farm Service Agency to upgrade computer systems Riiiiiight.
* $200 million in funding for the lease of alternative energy vehicles for use on military installations. Dude! If our forces need transportation, I want it to be something with horsepower so they can either run down the bad guys or get away faster. Electric cars are not going to get it done.
* IDEA, Part B State Grants: Formula grants to assist the States in meeting the excess costs of providing special education and related services to children with disabilities.
* IDEA Infants and Families: Formula grants to the States to assist them in making early intervention services available to children with disabilities aged birth through 2 and their families.
* State Medicaid Bailout: $87.7 billion Through 3 different mechanisms, the bill would provide additional federal funds to state Medicaid programs over the next 3 years. This is nearly $70 billion morethan the governors asked President Obama for in December, and should be a loan to be repaid by the states. Bad Policy * Eliminates fees on loans from the Small Business Administration, thus pushing private capital toward unproductive businesses and away from productive businesses.
* Increases the definition of “youth” for certain summer job programs from age 21 to age 24.
* $160 million to the Job Corps program at the Dept. ofLabor, but not for job programs - rather, to construct, alter or repair buildings.
* Requires a government study on the impact of minimum wage laws on the Northern Mariana Islands and American Samoa.
* $79 billion State Fiscal Stabilization (slush) Fund to bailout the States by providing billions of dollars for“education” costs of any kind.
* $47.843 billion is appropriated for a variety of energy programs that are primarily focused on renewable energydevelopment and energy conservation/efficiency. Not one dollar is appropriated to make fossil fuels more affordable in the near future. More than $6 billion of these funds go to environmental clean ups.
* Increases eligibility for “weatherization” assistance to households 200 percent above the poverty level.
* The “Making Work Pay” credit of $500 to every individual making less than $75,000 (or $1000 to couples making $150,000 or less) would pay people whether they are productive or not - akin to welfare.
* The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP - foodstamps) would temporarily suspend the 3-month limit for non-working adults to receive SNAP benefits, thus giving incentives not to find a job.
* Installs government as the creator of broadband deployment regardless of whether the specific local/regional market can sustain it.
* Funds new “green jobs” job-training program without eliminating inefficient job-training programs or consolidating duplicative job-training programs.
* $890 million to the Social Security Administration without any provisions to reduce improper payments, or any plan to increase solvency of the trust fund.
* Nothing requires the products that are purchased with these funds be here in America. Lithium ion batteries, for instance, are primarily made in Asia.
I'm trying to post more, not that there is any evidence of it yet, but as part of my effort you will begin to see more posts like this one. Call it the shotgun approach to blogging, if you will.
First at bat? Iran!
Let's see, first up is news that Iran has successfully sent a satellite into orbit. So, Ahmadinejad is that much closer to "wiping" Israel "off the map." This must come as huge comfort to the Obamabots who were sure that the junior Senator had the cajones to stare down a madman. Why, it is almost as if nuclear weapons were sugar plum fairies! On the heels of that news comes the report that Obama has already been in talks with Iran and Syria. Remember, it was Obama who promised to meet with these terrorists and terrorist-enablers "without preconditions." That thought will keep the Obamabots warm as they are toasting marshmallows on a mushroom cloud, surely.
It turns out Geithner incorrectly claimed summer camp for the kids as a dependent-care deduction.
He was sloppy, at best, in attending to his returns. Informed by IRS auditors that he erred on his 2003 and 2004 returns by failing to pay self-employment and Medicare taxes, Geithner did not then repair similar mistakes for 2001 and 2002. He came into full compliance on $34,000 in back taxes and Medicare payments only after Barack Obama signaled him as his Treasury pick.
None of which inspires confidence in the guy who is going to be in charge of all this. But, if you are a tax cheat, Geithner's service looks to bode well for you.
And, straying outside of Obama's immediate circle to the more fringe players, Carolyn Kennedy, entitled princess of the Left had to bail out of her bid to Hillary Clinton's Senate seat because of...wait for it...tax problems, among others. Are you sensing a trend here?
Is it just me, or do Democrats just not pay their taxes? This may explain why they are all about raising taxes - if you don't bother paying them or "forget" some of your income, what difference does a little tax hike make? It is all becoming clear to me...
Then, this morning, comes news that Obama's Chief Performance Officer nominee (whatever that is), Nancy Killefer, has withdrawn her candidacy. In her case, it seems, she failed to pay employment taxes on household help for a year and a half. A year and a half.
Do you remember the 'good 'ol days' when we only had to worry about Obama's crooked/murderous friends like Tony Rezko and Bill Ayers? Now we have a whole slew more with connections to Obama. Granted, they are mostly tax cheats and crooks coughBlagojevichcoughBillRichardsoncough, but still! Does Obama not have any honest friends or colleagues?
Special rules for Democrats, you know, special rules for special people. No wonder Carolyn Kennedy feels entitled!
BREAKING: DASCHLE HAS JUST WITHDRAWN FROM CONSIDERATION FOR HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
Moving on...Obama's stimulus is on the rocks. The American Electorate is no longer drinking the kool-aid and starting to wise up to smell all of the...bacon. A recent survey found that "only 38% of those polled favor the existing stimulus proposal" while 37% want major changes and 17% reject it outright. Moreover, and perhaps most damning of all, 53% said the stimulus would have no impact on their own situation or would make things worse. Tough sell, Obama. Might be time to rein in Pelosi, Reid, and all the others.