Tuesday, January 25, 2005
My wonderful weekend
Dude, I just lost an entire post. D*%# Blogger.

So now, the abbreviated version of my weekend.

Tremendous snow storm arrived Friday afternoon, quickly followed by high winds. Combined, they amounted to a traffic nightmare. Friday night I received an intriguing phone call that I am not at liberty to discuss.

Saturday morning, I spent some time on the treadmill, made a perfect omelet for my Prince, then made my way to the grocery store.Thank heaven for 4WD! Seriously, I love my Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. It was more trouble pushing my grocery-laden cart to the Jeep than it was driving my Jeep through the partially cleared roads. Put groceries away while Prince Charming watched basketball game. Started my appetizer for party: Roast Beef Bruscetta. Showered. Finished appetizer, then kicked Prince off of his throne and into the shower.

We walked across the street to Steve and Kristy's house, the site of the evening's festivities. Much drinking! We began by playing 90s Trivial Pursuit, boys vs. girls, and the ladies dominated! We rocked! We were ahead by three pieces of pie when the game was called on account of Karaoke.

I had never Karaoked before. I mean, don't get me wrong, I sing. As a matter of fact, I perform twice daily at the Jeep Grand Cherokee Stage. I just haven't done a lot of karaoke. However, with booze anything is possible. Our "shy" husbands totally blew me away. Shy -- what a laugh! They could start a Kenny Roger's cover band! They were very into it. They performed "Lady", "Gambler", "Lucille", "Ruby", and those are just the ones I can remember! My big act was "I will survive." Yeah, I rocked. People started leaving around 2:30 am. We stayed until after 3:30 talking about neighborhood issues.

Stumbled back across the street around 4 and fell into bed. Unfortunately I was too tired to sleep. So we took turns a-starin', out the window at the darkness. The boredom overtook us...sorry, having a flashback. Woke up very late Sunday morning. Cleaned house and paid bills.

I had a fabu time with the neighbors. Can't wait to do it again. Hope you all had a good weekend too.
posted by Phoenix | 8:20 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s