Friday, May 06, 2005
Secret Revealed
In recent days I have teased my loyal readership with news "too good to keep" that I felt obliged to keep secret. Was this wrong of me? Maybe it is not so much wrong as… frustrating for all y’all.

In any event, I am now going to come clean, at least about one of the secrets. In the end, this blog is anonymous (or mostly anyway) and what difference does it make if I share this particular bit of news? It can’t hurt, I’ve decided. It is a personal matter after all, has nothing to do with business, and…well, dammit, I just want to share.

So…it is my great pleasure to inform you that I, Phoenix, am pregnant with our first child. Prince Charming is pleased, if a bit smug. I am over-the-moon excited! I love children and am really looking forward to starting our family.

I will say that it took us 13 months to become pregnant, but when you live with a bat (Prince Charming works nights) you have to be a bit more creative with your time management. You figure it out, I don’t have to draw you a picture. You know how babies are made.

I am only 4 weeks pregnant. Barely pregnant at all, really. (Although, “barely pregnant” is a misnomer – you either are or you are not.) I fully realize that it is not technically proper to announce this at such an early date, many things could happen. I know, I know. And yet, the news is wonderful and exciting, so can you blame me for wanting to share it? Propriety be damned.

The beauty of it is, I already feel special. I feel like I have a secret…and a responsibility…and a mandate. And that is a mysterious and wondrous thing. Mostly, I am excited about entering into this new phase of life, getting to share the miracle with my Prince, and bringing a new person into the world.

In part, I decided to reveal this secret because I wanted to chronicle the pregnancy. I think it would be neat to keep the chronicle in with the politics and vanquishing, if only to timeline the baby’s progress in a real electronic time capsule.

Yeah, I’m a freak.

I do know that I eagerly look forward to finding out the sex of our child. The hunt for a name has already begun. This weekend I am going to see my mother for Mother’s Day, and I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if we don’t stumble into a great many baby goods stores.

For Prince Charming’s parents, this will be Grandchild # 10, and therefore, old hat. But I am the oldest of my siblings and so the baby will be the first grandchild for my parents. I think they are excited.

They’ve already asked me how much pampering and spoiling I can take – they don’t want to overdo it. Can you be too pampered? Let ‘em try, I can take it!

So, for now, I’ll leave you with this news. You can look forward to more vanquishing but also a healthy dose of “Mommy & Me.” This week, baby has been busy with cell division and implantation, according to experts. Ponder that.
posted by Phoenix | 11:05 AM


>6 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it! I just Knew it!! Congrats to you and the Prince. Oh, and Happy Mother's day.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

Thank you!

I'm just curious how you knew. I would have sworn I was alone when I took that test.

ha ha.

yeah, we are very pleased

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Moogie said...

Congrats! What wonderful news. I for one, will be watching for updates. I need to stop commenting now before I start crying.

Congrats again. Bless you. You have been given a wonderful gift. I know you will cherish it.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Feisty said...

Bless you and the wee one! (Prince Charming, too!)

Congratulations.

How wonderful!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger WitNit said...

And now we can say it: Happy Glorious Mother's Day!

Remember: God made mothers because he wanted direct representatives on this good earth...

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What delightful news! All my warmest congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s