Friday, August 12, 2005
Mommy & Me Update
Here we are: 4 days out from the big day, the day we learn if the baby's heart is okay, if he or she is developing normally, and, indeed, whether it is a he or a she.

I am all a twitter! I mean it, I am fairly bubbling with anticipation. My first thoughts, of course, are for the baby's health and welfare, but I am a rather optimistic person. I have been given no reason to suspect that something is wrong in those areas, but that these examinations are merely precautionary. As such, I will admit to being very interested in the baby's sex.

"Interested" doesn't quite say it.

I am ready to know if the little one is going to be a little girl or a little boy. So ready.

I want to start painting the nursery and decorating. I want to start shopping! I am a control freak, a planner, and a major campaigner. I make lists, check things off, and keep to a schedule. I know, it is not very romantic, but it is quite pragmatic. This is who I am. I can't be any different. So sue me.

Part of me would love to have a beautiful little girl. Dark curly locks and green eyes, someone upon whom Daddy will dote. But it would be equally wonderful to have a mischievous little boy, someone upon whom Daddy will begin to impart all the knowledge of football.

Prince Charming won't tell me if he has a preference. I don't really have a preference either. I am aware that, biologically speaking, it is all up to him. However, in my family, every eldest daughter has always given birth to an eldest daughter. Will I be the one to break this chain?

We'll know on Tuesday.

Which brings up a funny little truth. Everybody knows we are supposed to find out the sex of the baby on Tuesday. Do you have any idea how many people want to be the first person we tell? Many! And everytime I bring up informing people in a mass email, I get the poo-poo-ed, "Oh, that's fine, but call me, okay?"

Despite this, I will be informing you, my faithful readers, in a post on either Tuesday or Wednesday. (It may take me a while to make all of those phone calls.) Will we have a little Villain Vanquisher or a Villain Vanquishette?

Lay your bets, folks.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 9:42 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s