Tuesday, August 02, 2005
What's goin' on?
Not a whole lot here. I've got the blahs. I have a million things to do, and not one of them is remotely appealing at the moment.

Senator Russ Feingold (Democrat - WI) has his panties in a twist over President Bush's recess appointment of John Bolton to the U.N. Quelle suprise!

I don't know what all of the shock is all about. It isn't like the Senate doesn't know about this power. Presumably they have access to precedent, history, and oh, I don't know, this small thing called the Constitution? Once again, the Demorats prove just how pathetic, whiny, and irrelevant they really are.

If John Bolton really were a poor choice, surely they could have convinced a few people to vote against him. But no! Instead we will delay the vote and delay the vote, cast aspersions on his character and attempt to assassinate his character until the press and the public has grown weary of the bluster.

Unfortunately, Bush is no meek wallflower begging the Senate to dance! This cowboy, instead, makes a request of the dj and bumps and grinds to his own tune. If the system isn't working...change it. There was nothing illegal or unfair about what Bush did. The fact of the matter is, certain Senators were standing in the way.

I absolutely despise the UN and all of its burearats. Absolutely hate it! But, until the damn thing dies, it is irresponsible for the Senate not to make sure we have representation in this world body, particularly when we are at war. It is not a good idea to leave the vipers untended for too long. Refusing to vote one nominee up or down works to deny the United States of America the representation that is its due! So, if one is pointing fingers of irresponsibility, they must come back to the assholes who refuse to even vote yay or nay.

What is it about politicians or the political system that requires the players to be hypocrites and liars? I don't know. But, you can damn sure hold on to your integrity.

You may not like me, but you can't go around calling me a murderer without proof, just so you can get a soundbite on CNN! That's worse than dirty pool, it is slanderous.

You can call Bill Clinton a womanizing, cheating, liar. All of his misdeeds are well documented. He cheated on his wife with Gennifer Flowers and Monica (at a minimum), likely sexually harassed Paula Jones, and lied about having "sexual relations" with Monica. Done, done, and done!

But it is entirely different when you start picking on a man's body language as reason to black ball him. I have to tell you, if I had to testify in front of the Senate, or any committee thereof, I would have some pretty negative body language as well. The reason? All of those no-win questions that Democrats like to ask that contain damning presuppositions like "Do you still beat your wife?"

If a Senator started in on me like that, I'd have to say in response, "Respectfully, Senator: You are an ass. I am not here to answer to your personal, unfounded, irresponsible, and slanderous attacks on my good name. I serve at the pleasure of the President. If you find my credentials lacking or my background to have elements of criminal activity, please feel free to address these areas as you will. Do not, however, have the audacity to smugly sit there acting holier than thou like you are sin free. Turnabout is fair play, and I always come armed with more than enough ammo to leave plenty of bodies. Respectfully, I cede the floor."
posted by Phoenix | 2:12 PM


>1 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger realdebate said...

You know the only ones who are upset are Democrats? (mostly Senators)

Question. If they are so worried about his credibility, why are they out there in front of every camera and microphone they can find bashing the man? Perhaps a positive word or two might help?

Nah...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s