Thursday, June 29, 2006
Shut up and drive
Today's topic for the Demystifying Divas and The Men's Club is a puzzler: Why is it that men don't speak when driving?

My Prince Charming does this all the time. We are stuck in the car for 2.5 hours and he says a total of maybe 20 words. Why is this? If I'm driving, I try to draw him out and talk about things, but if he's driving, not so much. It isn't like I'm looking for a lengthy discourse on Peace in the Middle East or a technical play-by-play on some NASA technology. We have so little time together, I wouldn't mind discussing the book he's reading or the movie he wants to see, or even Bunny Boop. Prince Charming just wants to drive.

I'd like to tell you that he doesn't speak when driving because he's concentrating on the road, but I don't really think that is the problem. For one thing, he knows where he's going. For another thing, if traffic is going to be bad, he puts me in the driver seat. He is a talented and capable man, so I have no doubt that he is physically capable of driving and talking as well as walking and chewing gum (but perhaps not all four at the same time -- driving and walking aren't compatible).

No, I think he stays quiet because it is his bubble time -- his time to think. I understand this idea. I do it when I'm brushing my teeth and in the shower. Of course, I could be wrong. It could be that he hates the sound of my voice and I'm slowly driving him crazy.

You'll never know.

Find out what the other lovely ladies and our masterful men have to say on the issue.
posted by Phoenix | 9:40 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s