Thursday, September 16, 2004
Is That Your Final Answer?
[Conversations from the REM cycle]

Phoenix: Excuse me, Mr. Kerry. Do you have time for a few questions?

Kerry: Who are you?

Phoenix: Err. Just a voter.

Kerry: What is it then?

Phoenix: I just wanted to ask you about your views. The media coverage has been a bit confusing, and I want to have the truth before I mark my ballot.

Kerry: Go on then.

Phoenix: Well, first let's talk about my right to protect myself. Sir, you have been adamant in your castigation of the President for letting the Assault Weapons Ban die under the sunset provision. First, isn't it Congress that had the ability to do something about this? Second, since the Clinton Assault Weapons Ban did nothing to eliminate crime, isn't it hypocritical to attack the President about this? Do we really need to renew legislation that is ineffective? Didn't you vote against the Civilian Marksmanship Program that promoted gun safety and training? Wouldn't this do more to prevent gun accidents? Didn't you vote to criminalize legal gun sales between private individuals at gun shows? Didn't you also vote to ban center-fire ammo? You call yourself a gun owner, a hunter, and a friend of the Second Amendment, but Sir, that seems a lie given your voting record.

Kerry: I am a hunter. I support the Second Amendment.

Phoenix: ??? Sir? That makes no sense. The NRA has a very poor opinion of your voting record and the Gun Control advocates love you. If you really supported the Second Amendment you would want to set the record clear.

Kerry: I have done so. Next question?

Phoenix: ??? I'm not sure you've answered the first to my satisfaction. I am not a hunter sir, but

Kerry: [Interrupting] Then what do you care?

Phoenix: Well, sir, there is the small matter of my being able to defend myself from rapists, home invaders, etc. I am greatly concerned with protecting my life and liberty.

Kerry:

Phoenix: Sir?

Kerry Aide: That's all we have time for.

Phoenix: But... Is that your final answer?
posted by Phoenix | 9:20 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s