Wednesday, October 20, 2004
Open Mouth, Insert Foot
Madame Heinz-Kerry is at it again.

In particular, please note the following that I have excerpted for your ease (emphasis mine):

Q: You'd be just the second first lady who was born abroad, the first who had two foreign parents. Do you think that causes Americans any pause?

A: Well, Americans who pause probably don't know history very well, because we are all from somewhere. We are continually being from somewhere. And in such a young country as this — it's not like we're talking, you know, old Europe. We are constantly renewing our energy and our knowledge and our heart and our soul, enriched like no other country in that sense. And to fear that or disparage that I don't think is American. And I never hear that out there.

Charming! (said scathingly) She manages to say that Americans who are suspicious of foreigners in positions of national power are stupid, then goes on to further denigrate us by saying the country is too young to really understand this complicated issue. What CRAP! First of all, we have constitutional protections against getting entangled in foreign matters as well as preventing their interference in our domestic matters. Furthermore, if ever there was a country where people are fully cognizant of where they are from, it is in this great melting pot we call the USA. This woman REALLY pisses me off! She manages to be both condescending and idiotic...and that takes talent!
...

Q: You'd be different from Laura Bush?
A: Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good. But I don't know that she's ever had a real job — I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things. And I'm older, and my validation of what I do and what I believe and my experience is a little bit bigger — because I'm older, and I've had different experiences. And it's not a criticism of her. It's just, you know, what life is about.


Okay, I'd like to beat her over this one. First of all, from everything I've ever read says that she has worked as both a public school teacher and a librarian. I count those both as a "real job." Furthermore, she couldn't really be called an heiress. So, between the two, I believe Laura is more likely to have punched a time card, changed dirty diapers, ran a vacuum, washed dishes, and pumped her own gas. The very notion that THK would suggest that she is the one who has more experience in common with the little people by right of age is laughable. Laura Bush, if visiting my house for supper, would likely offer to help me with the dishes. That's what good women do, particularly if you were raised in the Southwest...I don't have enough experience to speak with authority on other regions. But I would be Dead Parrot stunned if THK offered to do likewise. My money is on her refusing to even enter into our home, Poynette, Wisconsin not being on the way to the Cape, or Aspen, or "old Europe".

The woman makes me need to toss my cookies. She's an elitist and thinks she knows what is best for us little folk. Condescension drips from her ever utterance. Excuse me, I'm going to be sick.


posted by Phoenix | 11:51 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s