Thursday, October 14, 2004
What occurred to me...
As I watched the end of the debate was this:

Back not so long ago, many out there were characterizing Tony Blair's England as George Bush's labrador retreiver. They said that they would do whatever the US wanted. Yeah, right. I neither subscribe to that characterization nor endorse it. However, I kept thinking that a President Kerry would turn things around a bit. Instead of walking the dog, the US would be the Paris-Hilton-purse-puppy of Jacques Chirac & Gerhard Shroeder. And THAT is unbearable! We are nobody's lap dog. Voting for Kerry means we'll be eating kibble and the rind of a wheel of brie for four years.

Moreover, the fact of the matter is while they need us, we are entirely able to live without any help from them. Between Germany & France, I'm not sure they could repel an invasion of Versaille. Anyway, that's what's been rolling over in the front of my mind this morning since I got out of the shower.

More ranting later.
posted by Phoenix | 7:50 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s