Wednesday, November 10, 2004
Apologies
Friends, I am sorry. I have caught a cold from Prince Charming and I have been feeling like hell. This is not conducive to anything but sleeping. The good news is that I feel like I've turned a corner and we can get back to vanquishing villains. Hoo-rah!

Yesterday I was unplugged. I went to a continuing education conference and got to learn about possible roundup resistant biotypes of lambsquarter, corn root worm, grey leaf spot, and other topics no doubt of absolutely no interest to you.

A good thing did happen. I ran into someone that interviewed me a couple of weeks ago. I had been feeling pretty low...as in good-for-nothing...but this interview went very well. I didn't want that job but I took the interview because I lacked contacts in the Wisconsin Seed Industry. In the interview, this particular gentleman was highly complimentary and actually said, "from the looks of your resume, there's not much you haven't done!" Anyway, the experience gave me a boost in my professional self-esteem, something that has been lacking for nearly two years.

Anyhoo, I ran into this gentleman again yesterday at this conference. He was genuinely delighted to see me and made the effort to talk to me three times. In our longest conversation, he actually said, "what do we have to do to get you back into the business?" then he said, "I've been thinking about you since our first meeting, trying to find a way too..." So, again, flattery goes straight into the self-esteem pocket and I'm all puffed up today like a strutting peacock.

I have been working on the novel and expect to post at least one chapter today, maybe two.
posted by Phoenix | 9:18 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s