Monday, February 07, 2005
I hate Mondays
Grrrowl.

I hate Mondays. I despise them. I honestly believe I would be more productive if the work week began Monday at noon and ended Friday at noon. If ever I own my own company, this is how it shall be.

I mean, this weekend was so short as to be a figment of my imagination. Prince Charming worked Friday night, so I was alone. Worked on our taxes. Saturday morning he woke me up. I got up to spend some time on the treadmill while he took a nap. An hour and a half later, I woke him up and we had breakfast. Then I went grocery shopping. That was hell. Dumb people don't know how to drive their friggin' baskets in the supermarket. Generally speaking, folks, the rules of the road apply in the Super Wal-Mart aisles. Don't just dart out into traffic, you fools!

Ah, but then I came home and finished my book while he watched the Wisconsin Badgers play b-ball. Then he grilled steaks. He had to go to bed early though, being over-tired from Friday night, so that he could go back to work Sunday morning. Why? Naturally, so that everyone who usually works Sunday nite could watch the Superbowl. He got home Sunday around 2 pm. By which time I had treadmilled, completed laundry, cleaned bedroom, and...that's about it. He came home then went back out. To Mike's house. It is apparently much more satisfying to drink beer at Mike's. He came home. I made tacos. He fell asleep on the couch. This is typical. I put in a movie for us to watch, in this case Friday Night Lights, and invariably he falls asleep within the first 15 minutes. So at the end of the movie I had to pry him off the couch (there isn't a spatula made that could achieve this...ice water torture is the only thing that works) to get him to come up to bed. He was so tired that he barely even noticed the change in venue.

Did he make me breakfast? No. He went back to work at 5 am this morning...and will return again tonite at 9 pm.

So, don't ask me how my weekend was. It sucked, thank you very much!
posted by Phoenix | 10:19 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s