Friday, February 04, 2005
Travel Plans
I have a couple of exciting trips planned.

In early March, I am visiting Washington, DC. The last time I was there I was in the 8th grade. I'm really looking forward to visiting the International Spy Museum. I doubt we'll be able to visit the White House, because we don't have 6 months to give notice. Which is really too bad, because that is one place I'd really like to visit. I'm going with my sister, the spy. We are having a girlie weekend since we see so little of each other these days. We'll do a little shopping, a few tours, see the sites, and generally be silly. So, if anybody has any suggestions for really good eats, leave it in the comments.

In two weeks, I will be returning to my Alma Mater, the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana (UIUC). I'm taking my 17 year old sister to see if she is interested in going to school there. I'm going instead of my mom because I can give her more insight (a better tour), she'll have more fun with me than with her parents, I'm quasi-cool (and therefore not as uncool as the parental units), and because...I told my mom I would do it. So, I'm going to show her the Quad, and the engineering campus, the ag campus, the Morrow Plots and the Undergrad Library (built underground so as not to throw shade on the Morrow Plots). I want to show her my sorority house and what the dorms are like. I want to show her where the mall is and where the movie theaters are, take her to the student union, the stadium, and generally make her feel like she is moving into an exciting phase of her life. Of course, I also intend to temper the excitement with the realities of real school work and campus social life's ugly side.

In April, I will show her around the University of Wisconsin at Madison. I don't have any real knowledge of the campus (other than traffic is hell and one-way streets make driving it a nightmare). But I have resources and time to investigate. In particular, if anybody has a list of don't-miss spots for a UW tour, please leave them in the comments. The same goes for UofI, but I'll be surprised if you can come up with something not already on my list.

I'm so excited!
posted by Phoenix | 1:28 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s