Thursday, March 17, 2005
Sigh...
Wow. What a day! First the markets decide to take a dive, meaning I actually have to work, then I had to write a thing for work (this usually takes me 45 minutes, max, but the markets being crazy meant I had to do it in 2 minute increments here and there), then I had to come home and care for the neighbor/friend's dog.

So, finally, I get to post.

Hmmm. What to say? We are having a party here Saturday night. That's right, we are attempting the murder mystery thingy again. Everybody is coming, I know, because they've all been asking me for costume ideas.

The murder takes place on 13 June 1940 on the Last Train from Paris. So, natch, the costumes will be divine! I'm playing a Princess, a royal refugee, trying to escape the advancing Nazis. I'm wearing a black velvet number, so chic, a tiara, my gloves, and my great grandmother's white beaded clutch. I'm going to do my hair in the f ashion of the era, or as close as I can come with these naturally curly locks. And...makeup will also be authentic. I've sculpted my brows to match the fashion of the time, bought a tube of horrendous red lipstick that was all the rage then, and plan to powder my face pale. And the best part? Black nylons with the seam up the back. How sexy is that?

It's like playing dress-up for adults, except I actually get to become a Princess for the evening. Candy!

I have recreated a 1940's Pullman Lounge car in my living room by arranging the furniture to emphasize the length of the room. With the two matching couches on the opposite sides of the room and vintage trunks serving as the coffee table, the effect is quite amazing. Drinks will be flowing, of course, because it will take a little liquid courage for our hubbies to get into character. For example, Prince Charming is playing the role of a "soldier of fortune". For food, we are having the following:

But, I've left out the best part! I have hired my 17-year-old sister and her best friend to come up and act as porters and pass the hors d'oeuvre. I made them matching uniforms, in the oriental style, and matching hats. I'll post a picture of them dressed up when I've snapped one.

I'm really looking forward to it. I think it is going to be hysterical! I'll post a recap to let you know how it went, I promise.

posted by Phoenix | 5:32 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s