Tuesday, March 15, 2005
What a Woman Wants
These four exceptional ladies are demystifying another topic this week. They attempt to answer the Super Bowl of questions in the male-female relationship league.

What does a woman want?

The answer: She wants it all. She wants everything from herself, to be all that she can be. She wants her man to be every man.

Personally, I want to be IT. The IT girl. I want to Look 10, Dance 10. I want to be intelligent, well-read, erudite, elegant, and well-liked. I want to be known as a great cook and an exceptional hostess. I want to be a star in my chosen profession. A leader. I want to be a fantastic mother who is always ready with a brownie and a shoulder to cry on or help with homework. I want to be a wife that is nurturing, thoughtful, supportive, and a sex kitten. I want to be Martha Stewart, Condi Rice, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and the girl next door all rolled into one. I want it all. I want the family, the career, world travel, success, and respect.

From my man? Oh, that is easy. I want strength of character and the courage of his convictions. I want a thinker but also someone who knows his own mind. I want a man to hold my hand and let me cry, but who also knows that I am perfectly capable of fighting my own battles. I want a man who can commit. I want a man to love with his whole being and reserve nothing. I want a man who will put up with my experiments and my sense of humor. I want a man who can appreciate that I am not his mother and I shall not be treated as such. I expect a man to know that I am not his keeper or his jailer, and to never suggest that I am. I expect a man to let me be me. I want him to be strong so that I don't always have to be. I want a man who can be honest. I want a man who I can trust. I want Colin Firth, Tim Allen, Mel Gibson, George W. Bush, and the typical farm boy all rolled into one.

Lucky for me, I found my man. I don't have everything I expect from myself yet, but I've got time to get that all worked out. But, the simple answer is: Women want it all.
posted by Phoenix | 9:29 AM


>2 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger null said...

I say go for what you want! After all, it's just one life that we have, so you might as well enjoy it, eh?

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Feisty said...

You are well on your way!!

Have IT all!

; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s