Monday, May 09, 2005
Mother's Day Recap
I went to see my mother over the weekend. She is fine and liked her gift. We had plenty of time to talk, and then went out for salads before returning to watch rented movies. We watched all of Cellular - which was amazing. I mean, as is typical, you have to suspend reality for a moment, but I have rarely seen a movie so chock-full of action. At least, not since Speed debuted. It was really good.

We did some shopping too. It was so tempting to spend a fortune in the baby department, but I resisted. Then we went to Ikea and I bought some new dishes. Saturday night we went with friends to see Ron White's comedy show. It was terrific! I laughed so hard that I gave myself a headache. The opening act was good too. I'm really glad we went.

Sunday, my nearly perfect husband surprised me with a Mother's Day gift. I was literally stunned. I didn't expect anything, but my husband is like that. He got me the pregnant Vermont Teddy Bear. She is adorable!

I suppose that I was surprised to get a gift because, well, the pregnancy is so new. My other friends who are either moms already or who are much more pregnant than I...got bupkus. Nada. So, I guess we all know who has the better husband, huh?

Sunday afternoon, I planted flowers in the beds (now that we probably won't get anymore freezing temps). Today I'm sunburned and the back of my legs are sore.

A great big thank you to all who sent congratulations by email or comment. We are very excited.
posted by Phoenix | 2:42 PM


>1 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Feisty said...

Awww. You do have a Prince Charming.

A little off topic. My husband planted a tree when each of our children were born. I thought it a bit hokey at first, but each year he has a picture of them taken by the tree and you would be amazed at the growth of the girls and their oak trees.

They also love the trees.

It's actually kind of cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s