Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Notice to Ignorant Drivers
Over the weekend, Prince Charming and I spent 14 hours on the interstate. I saw a great many bits of driver-idiocy, but one thing is so reprehensible it cannot escape comment.

So...You! That's right, YOU! The driver of the black Jetta with Illinois plates traveling south on I-57. You are a complete idiot. You define the category. You are the reason people should have to get licensed to be parents.

You and your life partner (I assume based on your very proud and prominent sticker) let your toddler jump around and toddle back and forth between the front and back seats of the car while you race down the interstate at speeds exceeding 90 mph! This is rampantly irresponsible! And...I know you know better, because the child was having a ball jumping over his carseat. I also know that you are aware of the situation because your partner was letting the child jump into his arms. I further know that this was not an isolated incident as I caught up with you several times (and had to follow you for a while when traffic impeded your break-neck pace) in two hours, and discovered the activity each and everytime I came across your vehicle.

Let's be clear. I don't give a damn about your sexual proclivities. I do, however, take offense to your excessive speeding and apparent lack of regard for your child. Now, maybe not having a child in a restraint in a motorhome or conversion van is less of a necessity, and maybe it isn't all that important at speeds less than 20 mph. I can argue those issues both ways. However, I think any reasonable person would agree that a Volkswagon Jetta is not the tank of the interstate, nor were you particularly obeying the posted speed limits. You scared the crap out of me! Not just for my own safety, but also that of my unborn child. I seem to show more concern for your child than you do. Do you not realize that any moment could necessitate a need to step on the brakes and your child would go flying?

Sirs, your behavior was reckless and endangered your child and the lives of the other motorists sharing the road. If you don't give a damn about your own child, at least act like you are concerned about killing the rest of us.
posted by Phoenix | 11:09 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s