Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Motherhood Anxiety
I will admit to you that I'm starting to feel a bit anxious over my impending motherhood. I wonder if I am fit to even be a mother.

No doubt, women have been entering motherhood since the beginning of time. But, not all women are good mothers. I realize that all of us have different ideas of what is important in a mother, and that these are all pretty subjective things, but here is a short list of what is important to me:

And a million other things.

It may or may not surprise you that some wonder if my children will be little automatons, living in tiny little boxes drawn by yours truly. Nice, huh? Are my children likely to be grubby, ill-behaved idiots? I certainly hope not. But I doubt they'll be so rigid and refined as to resemble robots either.

Yes, I prefer that my world have order, but I don't insist that the beds are always made! I prize punctuality, but I don't require military marching.

I don't know what kind of mother I'll be, but I'll figure it out. Eventually.

posted by Phoenix | 2:34 PM


>4 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

I was just blogging around the block and ran upon your blog. I found it very interesting to read since you express yourself so well. Anywho, wanted to at least say hi and tell you I enjoyed your blog. I'll be back to see how the pregnancy is going. I have an 8 year old daughter. Happy pregnancy!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger amelie said...

i think that you will make a great mother, phoenix coz.

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conscientiousness is all the motivation you need to be a great mother. It's obvious you have that, so you are there.

Relax. Enjoy this.

You will be a wonderful mother.

; )

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

Thanks, you guys.

I know the anxiety is normal, but I suppose I'm freakin' a little. On a scale of worst to best mothers in the history of the world, I'll likely end up in the middle like everybody else. But thank you for your kind words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s