Monday, September 19, 2005
Villains Vanquished Movie Review
Yesterday I went to see Just Like Heaven with a friend. This is the romantic comedy in theaters that stars Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo.

I have to say that I haven't seen many movies this year, or even this summer. I went to see Mr. & Mrs. Smith early in the summer and Hitch in February, but other than that, I've been generally disinterested.

I don't know, there just hasn't seemed to be much in the way of entertainment available. But, this one I wanted to see.

I don't want to gush, but it was really good. It was almost like the worth-watching romantic comedy had returned. It was clever and well-written. It was funny. It was worth my $5.50 admittance and my time, and these days, considering the crap Hollywood has been churning out, that is a real accomplishment. The story wasn't predictable or given away by the trailers I've seen. It is probably the most worth-watching performance by Ms. Witherspoon that I've seen. She is convincing as the control-freak/workaholic. Mr. Ruffalo turn in a good performance of the despondent and depressed widower who has turned into a drunken recluse who begins to question his sanity.

I'd see it again. I'll even buy the DVD. You should see it. It was very good.
posted by Phoenix | 10:10 AM


>2 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger amelie said...

that is good news indeed. the roommate and i really want to see that.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

Do go and see it. You will really enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s