Monday, October 31, 2005
Mommy & Me
Week 30.

We are still traversing this odd universe, experiencing new things. The natives? They are restless. More on that in a moment.

The Experts in Engineering indicate that this week's development will progress as follows:
Our little one is nearly three pounds already and growing like a weed.
The early lanugo is disappearing, the eyelids open and close, and the toenails are
growing. The bone marrow is now responsible for red blood cell production.
Isn't that cool? Toenails and bone marrow! Sounds like the name of a punk band.

Our little one kicks all of the time now. I've decided that rather than be a field goal kicker, she's decided to be a Rockette. Field goal kickers only kick once, then watch where the ball went. Rockettes? They kick and kick. Fan kicks, half kicks, high kicks. yep. She's going to be a Rockette.

We had a nice weekend. We hung the curtains in the nursery and put up the canopy and mobile. I say "we", but really I just handed tools and hardware to Prince Charming, like an assisting nurse in surgery. The Badgers won again, so Prince Charming didn't have anything to grouse about. As an Illinois Alum, I have to be very very quiet when the Badgers play them, lest I cause an international incident.

Speaking of Prince Charming, he has been very ill. He has the horrendous chest cold. He coughs and I imagine bits of lung coming up. It is that bad. We watched our friends' kids on Friday night. The tough part was, they wouldn't go to sleep. Damn. I get up at 5 a.m. I can't stay up that late anymore, particularly in my pregnant state. But, I did get to see that Prince Charming is going to be a very loving and careful daddy, so that made it worth it.

On Sunday, I learned my limitations. I went and helped another friend with a big project on Sunday morning. I only spent 4 hours, but my back really regretted every minute. I could barely walk when I got home, so I took a long hot shower and spent the rest of the day on the couch writing thank you notes and doing laundry. Prince Charming put some Icy Hot on my lower back and that felt really good.

Today the pain is only half as bad. Either way, it was worth it to help out a friend.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 10:35 AM


>1 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger amelie said...

sure she isn't going to be a soccer player? they kick all the time... that's what my mom always said about me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s