Monday, October 24, 2005
Baby Shower Extravaganza
The baby shower was a resounding success, thanks to the incredible efforts of my sister. My mother helped quite a lot too, but my sister, as hostess, batted the thing out of the park!

We had a tea party theme, so everybody had an antique tea cup and it was all very lady-like. The sandwiches were quite yummy, as were the petit fours. The atmosphere was delightful, with fresh cut roses all over the place as decoration.

So, much kudos go to my sister and mom to whom I owe a redwood-sized thank you.

As to the actual details of the shower...

Never have I seen so much pink! And, never has there been a more spoiled child, it seems. For example, let's begin with footwear. London received as gifts a pair of fuzzy bunny infant slippers, a pair of pink tennis shoes, and 7 pair of socks decorated to look as though the child is wearing Mary Janes (in assorted colors).

She received 15 blankets of varying weights and styles: 6 receiving blankets, several fleece, and no less than 4 hand-made ones.

She received a bathtub and hooded towel set. She received her own CD player and CD of lullabyes. She received 9 outfits for the 0-3 month stage, several for 3-6, a dozen for 6-months, 2 for 6-12 months, 3 for 9-months, and 1 for 18 months. She received books and toys aplenty, and even a magenta rubber ducky! We got the breast pump and nurser, 4 thermometers (of varying styles none the same), 9 bibs, a multitude of hats, and about 3,000 other things. She received her papasan chair and lots of gift cards so we can load up on other stuff too!

There seems to be no doubt that this child will be spoiled rotten. And, the spoiler-in-chief appears to be none other than her grandmother (my mother) who got her not only the Eddie Bauer stroller-carseat-travel system, but also 4 other gifts! If Grandma goes broke, we'll know why! She can't pass up a rack of baby clothes!

We are stunned and grateful for the gifts we've received. Although, Prince Charming was heard to bemoan not only the abundance of pink, but the sad lack of anything red and white and containing the University of Wisconsin's motion W logo. So, the panic is off and I can now move into the evaluation phase to determine what we still need. Which is a relief. The good news is, I now have enough of those baby shower gift bags to keep me in them for the next 10 years!

Seriously, my house is now exploding in pink, soft, baby stuff.
posted by Phoenix | 12:45 PM


>4 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Caltechgirl said...

What did I tell you, girfriend?

That sounds like quite a haul!

BTW I have purchased two of those stroller/car seat eddie bauer things in my former role as group shopper for my old office. You will love it, those parents certainly do :)

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger amelie said...

sounds like a good time -- but do you have places to put everything?!

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're well stocked and ready! I got my best baby gift ideas at http://www.gifts-babies-love.com

Good luck!

 
At 3:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time hun, imagine how much everyone will spoil the little princess when she arrives!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s