Thursday, March 30, 2006
Bikinis vs. Speedos
Another Thursday, another riveting topic gets star coverage from the Demystifying Divas and the Men's Club.

This week we are tackling this deep question: Why are bikinis acceptable on women, but the male equivalent "The Speedo" is somehow or sometimes unacceptable on men? Isn't this a double standard?

Hmm. Well, I have to say that I believe a double-standard does exist. At least, it does to some extent. However, when we say that bikinis are acceptable on women, I think we need to say "some women". Not all women should be wearing bikinis. I'm not trying to be rude or callous to my own sex. I'm just saying, we aren't all Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Models. I don't wear a bikini.

Speedos? Can I just say "Ick"? I don't like this look on any man. None. Zippo. Zilch. It isn't a good look for any example of the male form, in my opinion. It is an immediate turn-off for me, actually.

So, Gents, my advice is to steer well clear of the Speedo. And ladies? Bikini only if you must.

For more on this topic (particularly if you feel cheated by my treatment of the subject) see what Silk, Arielle, Theresa, Jim, Jamesyboy, and Mark have to say on the matter.
posted by Phoenix | 9:27 AM


>2 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it seems as if we ladies all agree, and for good reason!

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger WitNit said...

My wife is a swimmer and my mother-in-law bought me Speedos once...And that's how many times it was worn...and not in public...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s