Wednesday, January 31, 2007
If you get me, you've hit bottom
Sometimes in my work I run into someone who doesn't think a woman could be anything other than a secretary.

That pisses me off.

It is 2007. Women are doing more than making babies and doing dishes. We are running countries, corporations, and marathons.

The other day, a guy called, didn't identify himself, and said he "wanted to talk to one of the guys." I told him that the guys were either not present or unavailable. I told him if he wanted one of the guys, it would be a while, but I could have somebody call him. He got kind of peevish at this. I told him, "Look, the guys are not available and it is likely to be a while."

He said, "I want to talk to a [insert job title]."

"I am a [job title]," I said.

"Oh, well I guess I can talk to a girl..." he said.

And that made me want to say, "Are you sure? We wouldn't want anything to fall off. We don't want you to be tainted..."

Seriously. I mean, Come on!

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 11:39 AM


>2 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Noble Eagle said...

Maybe he was afraid of catching cooties. Can you even catch cooties through the phone?

What a clown.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger DarthImmortal said...

This kind of behavior really pisses me off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s