Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Like a Sharp Persistent Kick to the Right Nut
There's been some news on the homefront.

My husband left work early on Tuesday morning complaining of pain in his abdomen. Well, that's not exactly true. His complaint was "it feels like somebody keeps kicking me in the right nut." This was said with a groan, a wince, and a softened voice.

He tells me of this over the phone as I was at work. I, quite naturally, ask him if he was lifting anything particularly heavy at the time. Nothing more than usual, he tells me.

I do a bit of investigating (my information sources being my stepmother and the web and common sense) and have concluded that he has a hernia. I'm no doctor, but this is my diagnosis. So, last night, he wants to go to work. I tell him that I think he should call in and tell them what's going on. I insist that if he is going to work, that they give him somebody to do the lifting for him.

He calls his boss and is informed he needs to come in as it is likely a work-related injury and they need to do paperwork. He stayed at work all night, on limited duty, and is going to a doctor this morning. Anybody want to bet he has a hernia? Anybody have any tips on hernias?

This ought to make our vacation extra fun...for Phoenix the Pack Mule, that is...

UPDATE: Well, it turns out that the first doctor says it is not a hernia. Of course, he was also unable to offer any other diagnosis, so I'm not particularly impressed with him. Prince Charming is going to see another doctor because the pain is not going away.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 8:52 AM


>3 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It might be a kidney stone. When I had one, I experienced some back ache, but also some real pain in the groin/nuts.

I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If memory serves, Dash had a similar problem once upon a time.

It was not a hernia. I shall consult him and get back to you.

I hope he feels significantly better soon.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Dash said...

I've had this a couple of times. The diagnosis I had was prostatitis - an infection of the prostate gland. The first doctor prescribed Cipro (which is very expensive)for about 4 weeks. The pain finally went away. The second time, a different doctor prescribed simple over-the-counter pain (anti-inflammatory) medication, e.g. Advil, Aleve, Tylenol, etc. twice daily. It made the nut pain go away, but tore my stomach up. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s