Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Jericho May Yet Be Saved
I've certainly criticized CBS's Jericho for the bizarre way the writer's bent the rules of probability, but I did watch the show. I reveled in each new ridiculous episode. I enjoyed it because it made me think.

But then, CBS announced that the show had been canceled. Rabid fans took to protesting this action and even sent 50,000 pounds of nuts to CBS to push their point.

This article seems to suggest that the protest may have worked.
The network apparently has been impressed by the display of viewer passion,which included the delivery of 50,000 pounds of peanuts to its New York offices.

In the season finale, a character replies “Nuts!” to a demand that the beleaguered town of Jericho surrender.

That’s the same response that a U.S. general in World War II made to a German demand for surrender at the Battle of the Bulge.

There’s already been one positive outcome: CBS is donating the protest peanuts to charities, including one that sends care packages to troops overseas.

I really just like the idea that the viewers might save the show. I, too, am tired of really good shows being canceled - like Alias, The Embassy, Close to Home, and lots of others.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 8:49 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s