Monday, June 04, 2007
The Weekend
Monday has arrived again. My Super Secret Work Week Elimination Device is still not out of product development. Hell, I can't even seem to get a successful test out of the do-hickey. Anyway, despite what is coming to resemble a biblical amount of rainfall, all is good here.

On Friday afternoon, I went home and everything went screwy. Prince Charming was supposed to get up and grill steaks, but he failed to heed the wake-up call. And, as it was, I was a tad preoccupied. Bunny Boop was a cranky girl when we got home and needed some mothering of the sort that required a bit of milk, a bit of snuggle, and lots of love. She fell asleep in my arms. I held her for 30 minutes, thinking I'd wake her and she'd eat supper. However, she refused to wake on my schedule. In fact, once she hadn't stirred by 7 pm, I gathered that she was down for the count and put her in bed. While she was napping and Prince Charming was sawing logs, I watched The Holiday on On Demand.

So, what follows is a brief movie review. First off? It was a nice story and a good way to pass 2 hours. I could have done without Cameron Diaz (she irks me), but Kate Winslet was terrific. She was very real. Jude Law? Blech. Jack Black? Ho-hum. The feisty old man who befriended Winslet's character? Stole the Show. He was terrific. As a matter of fact, I would have liked a whole movie that featured just these two characters. Their interactions were magical and I looked forward to their scenes. In fact, it was their part of the movie that brought me to tears. Still, I enjoyed it and would recommend it as a decent way to pass a rainy afternoon while the rest of the family catches some z's.

Saturday was a lazy day for us. We didn't do much and really enjoyed it. Saturday night I went through my sock and panty storage and jettisoned what was no longer in good shape. I picked up around the house a bit (again while the rest of the family slept). We are such crazy people! By 7:45 each night, 2/3 of the family is abed. I watched Dante's Peak on Saturday night while I was sorting socks and dusting. I like that film quite a bit. But then, I also like Volcano with Tommy Lee Jones.

Sunday I did a bit of vacuuming and lots of laundry. Bunny and I went to the park for a while and played in the yard. I should say, she played while I weeded the flower bed. She just loves to be outside. It is very cute.

And now? I'm back at work. Another busy day, I'm afraid. I'm really looking forward to getting out of the office at lunch.
posted by Phoenix | 12:17 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s