Friday, September 24, 2004
Crazy People at Work...
Last night on "The Apprentice", Stacie J was fired for being "crazy" and whether it was clinical or not, I'm not certain. But she seemed unstable to me too.

But I don't want to discuss that. Rather, I'd like to tell you about the crazy where I work. Actually, she doesn't work here anymore, but the story is funny in a creepy sort of way.

I work in a place that gets a lot of phone calls, constant ringing between certain hours of the day, where the goal is to get the people helped as fast as possible and move things along, because the market isn't open all day. Anyway, no matter who answers the phone, we answer it in the same way, changing only the part where we identify ourself. So I would say something like, "Apex International, this is Phoenix."

However, things got really busy for a while and we got in some temporary help. Let's call her Mary. Unfortunately, she would answer the phone, "Apex International, this is Phoenix...oh, no it's not!" Now, maybe you could excuse this once, but this became a regular occurrence. She never did it more than twice per day, but she did make this mistake frequently over her stay here. Now, I would think this person would know her own name. But this weirded me out.

Moreover, I later began to think I had a stalker because of some of the other things she said, like "My mom says I should name all of my children after you." So apparently she's discussed me with her mother, who is equally off-balance. I mean, naming ALL of your kids the same thing? How George Foreman of you...and very weird.

It was just weird. And I'm really glad that I don't have to wonder anymore, you know?
posted by Phoenix | 8:52 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s