Monday, November 15, 2004
Blamestorming
I'm so sick of the way people don't take responsibility anymore.

It is saddening really. Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Is it so wrong to expect people to do what they said they would? Are we a society/world where blame goes where ever it sticks? It used to be a joke in my family that the blame was assigned to whomever wasn't present to defend himself. I stress, this was a joke. Why? Because in my family it has always been more important to fix the damn problem than to worry about whodunit.

It really gripes me that the conspiracy theorists are so busy trying to lay the blame of Arafat's death on the Israelis. Come on. If they had wanted him dead they would have done it eons ago.

I file this under the same crap as those who insist that 9/11 was a Zionist conspiracy. MALARKY! (I just love it when I can use a word that makes me sound like a 90-year-old woman!) It's pure crap. Doo-doo.

I love to tell people that I was on the grassy knoll...and that I was the second shooter. Also pure crap, by the way. Not to mention impossible. I was born in 1973, so I'm out of the running...but you should see the gullible looks some rubes get.

Is it too much cinema and Tom Clancy that makes us think everything is a freakin conspiracy? There are rumors on the net that the election was hacked. For god's sake. Karl Rove's an evil genius that can make monkeys tap dance on the tip of pin. What next? My love child was conceived on the grassy knoll while Karl Rove, Arnold Schwarzenegger (we called him schazzie), and Genghis (aka Gin-gi... like the Walmart gingerbreadman) Khan shared a superior bottle of Chardonnay and gnawed a particularly pungent bleu cheese. Grandma was a secret agent working on the super-secret lambsquarter project. Dad is single-handedly responsible for both the crumbling of the USSR and Billy Joel's Uptown Girl.

If I speed on the interstate, I did it. Not because the spedometer is broken or my foot is asleep.
If I am late, it is because I failed to arrive on time, nothing else.

It is not always somebody else's fault. It's just not. Wake up people! Be adults! Take responsibility for your actions.

Bill Clinton is not having your love child. Mikey Moore is not the messiah, returned to Earth to make mockumentaries. We really did go to the moon...that wasn't filmed in Hollywood. Elvis hasn't just left the building, he's left the Earthly plane. He's expired and gone to meet his maker. The same is true of Arafat. He was an old man who lived hard and in dangerous environs. He's bleeding demised. Let the man rest in peace.

My conspiracy is that the only reason he'd been sitting in Ramallah for so long was because...he'd been nailed there. The Palestinians seem to think if he hadn't been nailed down, why he would've bent the cage apart with his little beak and Voooom.

What is it in us that seeks conspiracy? Is it because we rightfully question every detail...or is it because we are desperate to root out the perceived evil?

posted by Phoenix | 2:23 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s