Tuesday, February 22, 2005
Excellent Question...
Over at The Badger Blog Alliance, Mary Eileen posts about the Real ID Bill. She mentions that the bill has already passed the House and is scheduled for a vote in the Senate.

However, when she called Sensenbrenner's office for clarification on the nuts and bolts of the bill, but she couldn't get any answers to her very pertinent questions.
The man I spoke with didn't know. He said there wasn't anyone else
available in the office who would know, either. Finally, he took my address and
said that Rep. Sensenbrenner would write to me, "In about two weeks or so".

So, it seems that Sensenbrenner's own staff doesn't have any real knowledge of the bill. That's comforting.

She goes on:
I told him that was too long, since I wanted to blog about it before a vote
comes up in the Senate. He gave me a couple links to find the bill online, but
then suggested I not blog about the issue until I got the letter from Rep.
Sensenbrenner.

That just stinks of censorship. I mean really! Mr. Sensenbrenner can't be freakin' bothered to pick up a damn phone and call a constituent? What the HELL! I'd fire that staffer! If you don't know the answers, get a damn phone number and promise a prompt reply within 2 days by someone who does have the freakin' answers! UN-freakin' believable! It has been a while since I've been this outraged (it feels good), so I've got a full head of steam. Imagine! The house has already passed this bill...so PRESUMABLY all 435 members have read the document and the details. (I refuse to budge on the expectation that if you are going to vote you know what you are voting for or against.) I swear, Wisconsin just sucks!

When in Illinois, my rep was John Shimkus and he ALWAYS got back to me promptly. For heaven's sake, my parents in Kansas are on first-name terms with their representation. Why the hell....ERAGLHLUTUPFFF!
So, now I have to ask: if the people working in the governmental office of
a bill's sponsor don't know the answers to basic questions about the bill, who
does know? And how is an average citizen supposed to find out?

Mary Eileen, I'd call another member of Congress and see if they aren't more accomodating. I may try myself. I'm just not trying Tammy Baldwin. I don't trust her to tell me the truth.
posted by Phoenix | 2:53 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s