Thursday, February 17, 2005
Shopping Horrors
Yesterday after work I went to a large national chain store that sells electronic goods. They consider themselves the best. Anyhoo, I was in the market for a digital camera. I had done some research online and vaguely knew what I wanted.

This sales girl approached me and asked if I needed help. I explained my needs and wants. She answered my questions and gave me a few other things to think about. She really knew her stuff and really impressed me. So I bought a camera and a few accessories.

However, she had to order one item for me and took me to the Customer Service desk. She completed the order request and left me there to pay my way out.

There were no less than 8 people behind the Customer Service desk. There were only two people waiting to be helped. Me and some other guy who was picking up an order.

Despite these statistics, I waited for 15 minutes to check out. There was only one guy behind the desk who was actually working. The other 7 were all occupied with chatting to each other. Is the Customer Service Desk the company break room? I saw no such sign. Three of the chatty birds were manager types, as identified by their employee nametags. Not a damn one of them felt inclined to pick up the phone that rang for 15 straight minutes.

This really annoyed me. My salesgirl was excellent, but the Customer Service staff sucked! You would think that three managers would be better on top of this sort of thing. For heaven's sake, there was no training going on...it was just non-work. If you must play hooky at work, have the decency not to do it in full view of the irritable customers who have already put in their 91/2 hours of work. Thank you.
posted by Phoenix | 9:59 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s