Wednesday, June 01, 2005
Mommy & Me
Week Eight. Morning sickness continues at all hours of the day and appears to be increasing in regularity. I have been sick (no need to be graphic) the past two consecutive mornings. Except now I also get the dry heaves. Lovely.

The experts say:
An ultrasound done at this stage should show a fluttering heartbeat. Elbows
begin to form in the arms and fingers start to develop. The leg buds begin to
show feet with tiny notches for the toes. The face continues to change as the
ears, eyes and the tip of the nose appear. The intestines start to form in the
umbilical cord. Teeth develop under the gums.

Which is all well and good. Tomorrow we have our first appointment with the doctor and will get to see the heartbeat. Very excited. Just wish I didn't have to feel like hell all the damn time. And so tired. Last night I was asleep by 8 o'clock. I'm such a party animal. Even so, I've been yawning all morning.

There are good points and bad points to the pregnancy. For one, the folks at Home Depot were quite eager to help me carry my stuff to the Jeep merely because I asked how heavy a full propane tank was. On the other hand, you are absolutely no fun at parties. Give and take.
posted by Phoenix | 8:49 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s