Monday, June 27, 2005
Take Two
I will be one of the featured writers for the next edition of Take Two (to be posted July 15th).

I have already written it. However, the first draft was 1600 words and we are limited to 1000 - so some serious edits have taken place. We were down to 1000, but our test reader had questions. We dealt with the issues, then had to pare another 100 words. I think it is close to complete. But, there is no doubt in my mind that I could do a better job with more words.

The minute I read Christina's opening, I knew what the story was. I'm curious to see if anybody else comes up with the same thing. A lot of times the stories are similar. We'll see.

I have struggled to convey certain things in the story, particularly the seeming inconsistencies within the character's traits. So, the only thing I will do is tease you with these things - impressions of my own - that are embroidered into the story.

First, we are all multi-faceted characters. Oftentimes we wish to be something other than what we are. Second, we are who we are, not who and how other people see us. Third, sometimes we are shaped by events, and other times we refuse to be shaped.

Was that horrible of me? I shouldn't have mentioned it at all, should I? Well, I just hope I don't let you down. I'm certain I'll be editing right up to the deadline.
posted by Phoenix | 3:00 PM


>1 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh! I can't wait to see what you have come up with.

I know you are up for July 15th, if you are interested, this Friday, July 1st, Take Two will be wide open, anyone and everyone is invited.

The scenario is the one about the diner.

; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s