Monday, June 27, 2005
Mommy & Me
Week 12. This is the last week of the first trimester. I couldn't be happier to put it in the rearview window. Again, the experts have this intelligence on week 12:

By this point, nearly all of the organs and structures of the fetus are formed. They will continue to grow and develop until delivery. Fingers and toes have separated and hair and nails begin to grow. The genitals begin to take on their gender characteristics. Amniotic fluid begins to accumulate as the baby's kidneys begin to produce and excrete urine. The muscles in the intestinal walls begin to practice peristalsis - contractions within the intestines that digest food.

That's kind of cool - but kind of disgusting too.

I'm not as tired as I was earlier in the pregnancy. But I wouldn't say I'm back at 100% either. I intend to get back on the treadmill and start that back up again. I think it will help me feel better. I'm still not showing and I can't say that I'm sorry about that.

Now, an admission of which I am not proud. I don't feel special. You know? You expect this time of your life to be sparkly, but I'm not feeling it. I know, we've got a lot going on, but it is sort of a downer not to feel special. I mean, there ought to be a payoff for all of that puking, you know? I realize that this sounds selfish. I said I was ashamed of it, didn't I?

My husband has been an absolute doll. He has taken very good care of me. That's why he's one of the good ones.
posted by Phoenix | 10:43 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s