Tuesday, July 19, 2005
Oddities
I have posted before about how my neighborhood could have been the inspiration for Desperate Housewives. Instead of Wisteria Lane, though, it is Columbia Drive.

The oddities continue to mount.

At ABC.com, you can take a quiz to determine which Housewife you are most like. My friends and I have taken this quiz and we all come up as a different housewife.

My friend Lori is most like Susan, the Terri Hatcher character. She's a mom and a career woman, nice as can be. I don't think she has a mean bone in her body. (She's married though, so the whole plumber boyfriend thing doesn't quite fit.)

My friend Ann is most like Lynette, the Felicity Huffman character. She is a new mother and will be dealing with all that that life change brings. More to the point, though, she is a career woman who has turned into a stay-at-home mom, at least for now.

My friend Kristy is most like Gabrielle, as portrayed by Eva Longoria. A snappy dresser, they have much in common, except for, as Lori says, the lawn boy.

Me? Well, I must be Bree (played by Marcia Cross). It isn't even much of a stretch. I'm the Queen of the Dinner Party, the one who makes a fab creme brulee and loves to entertain. I run a very tight ship (as do most of us control freaks) and what else? Oh yeah. NRA membership and handgun ownership.

I'm not sure if these characters fit us so well because the stereotypes are well-supported, or if it really is one of those weird coincidences. I worry that our Edie is just around the corner. I suspect that we've already identified her though. We all seem to dislike the same annoying neighbor and I wonder if that isn't our Edie.

Our Martha Huber lives down the street, but lives on instead of being the victim of foul play.

It is all a bit unsettling to tell you the truth.
posted by Phoenix | 2:40 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s