Tuesday, July 19, 2005
What's that all about?
So, my friend went into labor at her baby shower. But the weird thing to me was her mentioning the following:

"I should have known something was up! Daisy (her dog) wouldn't stop following me around this morning."

So, is it possible the dog knew something she didn't know? Dogs do have a superior sense of hearing and smell to humans, but can they sense when another animal is going to give birth? I don't know. I'm curious, though.

Anthropomorphism is not usually something I subscribe to, but this and other weird events make me wonder. For example, I've seen a dog jump into a lake and swim into the depths when he failed to see my step-father come back up for air (step-father was testing scuba equipment). I've read stories where animals have "saved" or "cared" for abandoned infants.

But a doggie midwife? I don't know.

What's that all about?
posted by Phoenix | 2:32 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s