Monday, July 18, 2005
Mommy & Me
Week 15.

Week 15.

It seems like I've already done this week 15 times, but whatever. Maybe my pessimism is just stemming from the fact that my morning sickness appears to be back. Yip-ee.

Anyway...Week 15. The experts say that...
If you have an ultrasound now, you may notice your baby sucking his/her
thumb. The bones are getting harder each day. The baby's skin is very thin and
transparent; you can see blood vessels through the skin. Lanugo, a very fine
hair, covers the body and will continue growing on the baby until around the
26th gestational week of pregnancy.

This infernal heat wave we're having here in Wisconsin is sapping all of my so-called 2nd-trimester strength. But, I did have a very busy weekend, so maybe that is why I'm so tired. I've had baby on the brain more than usual over the weekend. That may be due to the fact that I went to two baby showers.

At the first one, the guest-of-honor's water broke in the parking lot prior to the beginning of the shower. It gave a whole new meaning to the term "baby shower". Needless to say, the party was cut short by the mother-to-be's trip to the hospital.

The second baby shower I attended was for a friend of mine who is about 3 or 4 weeks further along than I am. She's supposed to find out the sex of her baby today. That's got to be exciting. I keep telling myself that I can start shopping once we know the sex of the baby, but it is so hard to hold off that long! This second shower was a bit...frustrating.

The thing you need to know about me is, well..., I'm a scheduling freak. If you tell me something is going to start at 1 pm, I'll be there at 12:45, then plan my day according to how much time I'm devoting to said activity. So, I went to this shower that was scheduled to begin at 1 p.m., hoping to attend to the rest of my obligations by 3 or 3:30. WRONG! The hostesses didn't do anything baby-showerish until 2:30! So, I sat there bored and resentful sipping Lemonade wishing they had told me the party wouldn't start until 2:30. I could have finished cleaning the house or run my errands (or both) in that time.


Oh well. I was still out of there by 4 p.m., but that meant I wasn't home until 5:15 p.m. So, no time was left for Harry Potter. Crap!


posted by Phoenix | 10:36 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home


Popular Posts:





fighting 101s