Monday, August 22, 2005
Mommy & Me
Week 20. The experts say that developmentally we can expect the following this week:

We're halfway through the pregnancy, and the baby has as much sleep and awake time as a newborn. The scalp hair begins to grow. If your baby is a girl, her uterus is starting to develop.

I have to be honest. I'm tired of being pregnant. I woke up this morning with an aching back and an aching neck, the products of fretting about not sleeping on my back or my stomach. You see, pregnant ladies are supposed to sleep on their sides, preferably on their left side. My sleeping self knows this and so I don't sleep restfully, but tensely, switching back and forth to my two sides, surrounded by pillows so that I don't accidentally turn over. Hence the neck and back aches, likely all from tension.

But it isn't just the aches. Oh no! I tossed my cookies this morning again. You would think that this would have stopped by now, but it hasn't. So, it looks like I should expect this continue to the very end. I look forward to the month when I don't have to view stomach acid first thing in the morning.

But even that is not enough. This morning I woke up and I physically felt fat. Urg. Like an over-full grain truck waddling to the elevator, that's how I feel. Have you ever driven an over-full grain truck? It isn't pleasant and you must be very careful. Come to think, driving an over-full grain truck makes me tense too.

I have a regular check-up with my OB/GYN this afternoon. With any luck they will have communicated with the Fetal Cardiologist by now.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 8:43 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s