Friday, August 19, 2005
Case in Point
In case you needed more evidence of why a "Pleistocene Park" in the Midwest is a really bad idea, here is the tale of a Kansas girl killed by a Siberian Tiger.

Now, according to the report, this animal was being restrained by a handler. Moreover,
"This animal had been around people across the country and there's never been a
problem," Sheriff William Blundell said in a telephone interview.

So, one would think that this animal was at least partially domesticated, much like the one that attacked Roy Horn. And we all know how well that ended.

So I say again. If partially wild animals are not to be trusted around humans (aka "hot lunches"), then is it really wise to introduce a population of fully wild and extremely carnivorous animals into a region that is already claimed and occupied by humans?

I realize that many people on either coast feel that those of us here in "fly-over country" are just a bunch of gun-totin', conservative bubbas that could use a bit of culling, but we are people too.

I don't care what the BATF says, if you release cheetahs, lions, elephants, and camels into my area, I'm going to consider them a personal threat and arm myself accordingly. The environmentalists can go hang! But don't worry. If I have to kill any of them to protect my life or the life of someone else, I'll be sure to feel bad about it later.
posted by Phoenix | 11:17 AM


>2 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger amelie said...

silly coast people. don't they realize that when the animals take over the midwest, they'll roam to the coast to find more "hot lunches" ?!

 
At 3:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When will people realize that animals are WILD! All of them. I love my pooch and everything but wouldn't even consider letting a stranger pet him because he would bloody bite them...so why would this guy let a total stranger pet his TIGER?

Some people are so incredibly dumb that it just beggers belief. *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s