Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Things You Probably Don't Know About Me...
Amelie posts things like this all of the time and she has inspired me to flash a little of myself at you, my loving readers. Here goes:

  1. There are two television shows that I desperately love: NCIS (Mark Harmon YUM!) and Alias.
  2. I have a thing for Fox News' Brit Hume. I think he is sexy. He calls to me. When he talks, I listen. He isn't sexy in the same way that Mark Harmon is, it is different. Brit Hume makes me trust him.
  3. I once sold Bingo cards in a Bingo tent to the geriatric crowd. It was one of the scariest four hours of my life. Those Bingo Grandmas are rabid, and they'll cheat you if they think they can get away with it.
  4. "Coco" by Chanel is my favorite perfume, but I wear the eau de toilette formulation because I'm not some European smelly hussy. And, of course, I bathe daily.
  5. I almost always have my nails painted in a french manicure because I am lazy and it matches everything.
  6. My favorite teachers in school were Mrs. Buckner (of Lexington, KY) for her lemon drops, Mrs. Mendro (my calculus teacher from Dundee, IL) for her sense of humor and genuine desire to teach instead of pushing cattle through the shoot, Mr. Huling (world history, Dundee, IL) who was simply a smart man who believed in me (not that that made him smart), and Mme. Havard (my French teacher, who taught me to parle la langue du ennemi).
  7. The vast majority of people do not like me, I believe.
  8. I think Disco music should make a comeback.
  9. I think Eric Clapton is overrated.
  10. I am not a fan of the Beatles (nearly all of their songs sound the same).
  11. I have a serious get-weak-in-the-knees problem when it comes to cowboys. Cowboys are my weakness.
  12. I could easily adapt to the British habit of having tea everyday. I love quietly communing with only myself and my thoughts over a fresh brewed cup of Earl Grey with a touch of honey.
  13. I have had zero good hair days this summer as the humidity has been frizzing my curls.
  14. My daddy (who I still refer to by that name) is my hero.
  15. I'd really like to get a pedicure before I can no longer see my feet.
posted by Phoenix | 8:24 AM


>4 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

7. The vast majority of people do not like me, I believe.
8. I think Disco music should make a comeback.
9. I think Eric Clapton is overrated.
10. I am not a fan of the Beatles (nearly all of their songs sound the same).


Forget number 7, I like you for points 8, 9 and 10 alone :o)

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

Thank You!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger amelie said...

16. The vast majority of bloggers LOVE you!

Thanks for sharing, coz! :D

 
At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with everyone else, I think you rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s