Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Baby & Me Update
Yesterday's appointment with the doctor was somewhat...troubling.

Long story short, I may be in some small amount of risk regarding my health.

The baby is fine. In fact, the doctor said she could be born any day and would be perfectly fine.

However, the doctor is concerned that I may be developing hypertension. More importantly, he is concerned that I am in the initial stages of toxemia/preeclampsia. In order to ascertain for certain what is up, I get to do a home version science experiment. I'm collecting all of my urine for 24 hours. (Will you look at that? All of my male readers just stopped reading.) I have a fancy catching tool and a lovely brown jug. Who knew that you'd have to keep urine refrigerated? Not me. I can honestly say that I would have guessed otherwise. So, in spite of the lovely feelings that catching all of my urine gives me, I am endeavoring to plunge ahead into this great unknown.

What? Too much information for you?

Suck it up. I assure you, no matter how queasy you are feeling at this moment, I feel much worse. I mean, you aren't the one catching and bottling your bodily waste, now are you? Suffice it to say that I have sanitized this for your edification and will only tempt you with what you missed by mentioning two words: anal swab.

Now you really want to be me, don't you?

Tomorrow I will take my little brown jug back to the doctor (Merry Christmas!) and they will run their tests. If it turns out that I am in danger, they will induce labor early to protect my health. It is not a big deal, the doctor assures me, and I'm trying to stay positive (in between all of my lovely science experiments).

Of course, I worry that I did something to provoke this. I'm not sure what it would be, but I'm a medical freaker. I hate white coats, the smell of hospitals, and the way they don't always tell you everything. Fortunately, my doctor has discovered this about me and knows that I need to understand completely for my own sanity.

So, I just want you to know that if posting comes to a standstill, it is perhaps because I am having a baby for Christmas. Which, is kind of nice in many ways. Either that or I am drowning in my own little brown jug of cold piss.
posted by Phoenix | 1:56 PM


>5 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Caltechgirl said...

It is sooooo much better if they catch it early. As long as she's healthy enough to be born, don't worry. It would just mean you get to meet your darling baby that much sooner.

What a lovely early Christmas present that would be!

And what a funny story you'll have to tell her when she's bigger.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Lance Burri said...

Just one more addition to the list of reasons it's better to be a man.

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, honey, I know it sounds bad, but your lovely little girl is fine and you will be too!!

{{hugs}}

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger amelie said...

i hope it all goes well, hon.

take care of yourself and the soon-to-be-in-your-arms little one

x

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep the faith, Phoenix!

Think of having you wonderful daughter early as a blessing: You won't have to waddle around feeling like a blimp that constantly has to pee, and you will receive the most precious Christmas gift ever . . .

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s