Monday, December 05, 2005
Mommy & Me
Week 35.

We are inching ever closer to the big day.

According to the experts, this week is all about:
The average sized baby is around five and a half pounds now! The fat
accumulations plump up the arms and legs this week. The baby has gotten big
enough to take up most of the uterus, and there's less room to move around. The
testes have completed their descent in males.
Except, we were at 5.5 lbs 3 weeks ago. No wonder I feel so round and ungainly. I am now finding it difficult to do just about everything. I am never comfortable. My back aches all of the time. I get sleepy for no reason. It is a carnival ride, let me tell you. This morning the projectile vomiting of stomach acid was back on the list of things to do. Yee. Freakin'. Haw.

I've been trying to do too much, I know. Prince Charming watched as I fell asleep on the couch (sitting upright) on Friday night. He finally dragged me to bed at 8:00 p.m. I finally got out of bed at 9 am on Saturday, only to face the hordes at our local Super WalMart. Prince Charming went with me and now has an improved appreciation of what I face for him and his love of food. After grocery shopping, we came home and cleaned house, made three batches of cookie dough, popped a garbage bag full of popcorn, and then began preparing the meal for the dinner party we had that evening.

Prince Charming took pity on me and did most of the cooking, leaving only the salad and dessert to me exclusively. Well, okay, I did have to supervise the potatoes too. We had a lovely time with our friends (but then, we always do). However, between the blizzard and other matters, the evening was still over by 11 pm.

So, on Sunday, Prince Charming got up and shoveled the snow. I baked 6 batches of cookies and made one batch of popcorn balls in addition to doing laundry and wrapping gifts. Speaking of which, it was the first load of laundry I have ever done for our little girl. That really made the whole thing so very real.

We have our birthing class tonite. I'm a bit nervous. Isn't that ridiculous?

Anyway, blogging will be light today because I need to do some online shopping.

Have a great day.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 11:22 AM


>1 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger amelie said...

you have a good day too. hope that class went well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s