Monday, December 12, 2005
Mommy & Me
Week 36 has arrived. According to the experts, we are coming down to the wire:

With four weeks to go, our baby is almost ready. S/he could drop into the birth
canal at any time now. This week, the fat is dimpling on the elbows and knees as
well as forming creases in the neck and wrists. The baby's gums are very rigid.
We had a big weekend, baby and I. My mother's best friend, who has known me since before I was born, came to see me. The interesting thing is, she's been a preemie nurse for decades. She took one look at me and said, "You'll be having that baby before two weeks have passed." On one hand, she certainly has the resume to be able to predict such things, on the other hand...I'm afraid she's just telling me what I want to hear.

She brought lots of gifts, of course, but the very best was a down comforter for the crib with a duvet cover. She embroidered baby's initial surrounded by roses and a circlet of leaves. It is breathtaking!

Later that evening, after our guests had left, I thought that I started feeling labor pains. It could just have been psychosomatic, but I had pain in my lower back that felt like prickles that came and went. I probably had sick or seven episodes in the night. My mother couldn't stop talking about how swollen my ankles are. Apparently I look like I have elephant legs, or something. She seemed absolutely horrified, to tell you the truth.

We have another doctor's appointment today. With any luck, our doctor will have good news.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 11:24 AM


>2 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Caltechgirl said...

Wow. Moving right along. I can't believe she'll be here soon!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger amelie said...

i hope it goes[went] well!

mm, a christmas baby.. what a gift ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s