Friday, February 17, 2006
Long Rambling Snow-Inspired Post
How does that un-inspired title grab ya?

So, as I mentioned yesterday, it snowed here. A lot. Tons even. I even got to go home early and my usual 25 minute commute took twice as long. But, I did get home safely only to discover a snow situation in my driveway that needed tending.

You may not know this about me, but I'm a do-it-myself kind of girl. I was single for so long that I just adapted. No suffering wimpy "lawdy, hep me please!" girl am I! And, I figured that my recently pregnant body could do with some exercise. I grabbed my shovel and started at it.

Now, it should be noted that we do own a snowblower and this would have made the job easier. However, our ownership of this machine is a relatively new development and I do not yet know how to operate it. And, growing up on the farm as I did, I was taught not to go willy-nilly operating equipment without knowledge of the dangers, etc. My dad would have spanked me if I had burned up a motor or something equally horrifying to a piece of his equipment. Operating Equipment without training is a mortal sin, I'm sure. "You could hurt yourself or someone else..." was ringing in my ears.

So, I wrapped myself in the "exercise is a good idea" plan and went about clearing the driveway. It was really cold and windy. I got about half of the driveway cleared when the Prince who lives across the street took pity on me. He brought his snowblower over and finished the driveway and the sidewalks. I owe him a case of something alcoholic, I'm sure. Particularly since I was in grave pain an hour later. Pain from the midsection where they sliced through the muscle to get to Bunny Boop. Yowza. I wanted the good stuff, but I settled for Tylenol.

So, I owe him big. If I had done it all myself, it might have killed me.

Which brings me to my next point: I love men. They are so wonderful. How great was he to just come and help like that? Men, in general, are really great. This princely man was even kind enough to say that he loves being out in the snow when I told him he didn't have to help me, that my husband could finish the job. Really great.
posted by Phoenix | 9:50 AM


>1 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger amelie said...

that's awesome; kudos to men

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s