Thursday, July 06, 2006
Fire Update
I spoke with Christina last night. The house is completely gone, but they managed to get all of the animals and a few precious mementos before the place fell down around their ears.

One thing they haven't lost is their fighting spirit. Christina is my new hero because she has handled this entire tragedy with the most amazing grace and humor. She was joking and telling me about running through the burning house trying to save certain items. I didn't know, but she was happy to enlighten me, that there are two different colors of smoke: black and blacker.

She did want me to convey to everyone that they are doing fine and she sent her thanks for your good wishes and prayers.

She is a strong and amazing woman and they are a terrific family. I have no doubt that they will overcome this, but damn, it just sucks. State Farm is taking good care of them, but they may be living in an apartment for a while. Keep them in your prayers, please.
posted by Phoenix | 8:37 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s