Thursday, July 27, 2006
A Hairy Spot
The calendar has landed on Thursday again and this means more scintillating coverage of male/female topics. This week we are taking a lighter track and tackling Nostril and Ear Hair on Men: Taming the Twin Beasts.

Already you are intrigued, admit it. You can't wait to see where this subject will take me. Well, strap in campers and keep your arms inside the vehicle until we come to a full stop.

Okay, so today's topic du jour is about grooming. Again. Now, I am no fan of the Metrosexual Man, but I do like a man to land closer to Metrosexual than, say...Grizzly Adams. If you like your man with that earthy, slightly pungent, hairy beast from the cave look, you can skip over this entire post. Me? I like a man who is a little better groomed.

I find the vision of nostril hair wildly growing out of the orifices repulsive. It is almost as if the scent of the man is so bad, even the nostril hairs are rampaging refugees seeking solace somewhere else. Ditto ear hair. Ear hair, to me, seems to indicate a man is going feral. As though any minute he'll let out a blood-curdling howl, leap onto his back haunches and go racing into the night in a desperate search for a willing or unwilling vessel for his seed. I like a frisky man as much as the next girl, but this is a bit too animal for me. This is the guy who will pee on your drapes when he's had too much to drink.

Nooooo thank you. Not for me.

To be fair, it isn't something the men have a lot of control over. Men may gain a distinguished mein as they age and somehow avoid the sag and drag and unattractiveness that we women get, but they too have their crosses to bear. These would be the sudden growth of hair in odd spots. It is almost as though they go through a second puberty. You have to feel bad for them. I think it is a trade-0ff for having avoided 25 years of PMS and tampons - sort of God's little equalizer, but it matters not.

Gentlemen, as you reach your Sexy Sean Connery years, we entreat you to tame these hairy twin beasts. Yes, you can be sexy and a love machine long after your female peers have gone granny and are puttering in the garden, but please do us all a favor and trim your hedges. Wild hair escaping your nostrils doesn't send an appealing message. And the wolf ear look is long dead.

Thank you ever so much.

Now, for more advice on this topic, check out what the other Diva and our counterparts in the Men's Club have to say.
posted by Phoenix | 8:57 AM


>3 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll never forget the Christmas Mom gave Dad electric nostril/ear hair clippers!

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a 55 year old man with a full beard and elbow-length hair, both starting to turn grey. I trim my beard about once a month, but I've been clipping my nose hairs and shaving my ear hairs weekly since I first noticed them a few years ago. I now have a coworker, slightly older than myself, with significant nose hair. Altho it does not provoke the sort of thoughts you express, it does disgust me.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger The Wizard said...

It's dishearting that the "untamed" hair topic only covered the male of the human species.

What of the "untamed hair" of the female of the human species I.E. armpit, bikini line and the occasional "wild one" growing from a facial mole which, when unkept, is as equally disturbing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s