Monday, August 28, 2006
It is that time of year again
The calendar has turned to that time of year again. In a few days, my house will again be filled with the sounds of shouting, the flapping of arms, and the consumption of large quantities of alcohol.

That's right. It is UW Badger Football season. The opener is on Saturday, not a moment of the day which will be missed, from ESPN's College Game Day, right up to the post-action analysis.

Prince Charming is a die-hard Badgers fan. I've never seen him paint his face or chest, but I wouldn't put it past him. In fact, he is totally set up for this weekend. He has it scheduled. He's knows where he's going to watch Game Day and the first game. He has his menu planned for the whole day (a veritable smorgasbord of fried foods and finger foods). From the peel and eat shrimp tray to the potato skins and pizza wontons, my beloved is set to make the season opener an event.

Fortunately for us both, I suspect, Bunny Boop and I will be gone this weekend. We are off to Ohio to see old family friends, a girls' weekend of shopping and talking. It was too much to expect Prince Charming to give up his holiday for this sort of women's gabfest. The deciding factor on his staying behind? He couldn't get the Badger game out in Ohio, or at least, not with any certainty.

Strangely enough, I'm perfectly fine with this. I understand that it is important to him. Usually I watch with him, but I'll have to skip this one.

Go Badgers!
posted by Phoenix | 11:14 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s