Monday, September 18, 2006
I love the weekend
Weekends are not long enough. I do hereby propose that Americans move to a 4-day work week. Four 10-hour days followed by 3 luxurious days of leisure. That would do the trick.

Things have finally slowed down a bit for us at home, or at least, they seem to have do so. I'm not sure. Prince Charming is still working an awful lot, but I'm not quite as stressed-out. This is likely due in large part to the regular pattern in which our childcare has fallen into. The woman watching Bunny Boop is reliable and regular, and that's something I can get used to!

We were also able to finally cajole the premier babysitter in the neighborhood to our house. You know what I'm talking about. Invariably in every neighborhood there is one babysitter prized above the rest. For some reason or other, she has special qualities that make her services preferred. I know. I used to be the premier babysitter in my neighborhood when I was growing up.

Anyway, this young girl made a real impression on me. She was organized! This is a novelty for me, considering her age, but it is something that was likely to garner my respect above most things. I really like it when someone keeps a tight ship, personally speaking, and doesn't miss appointments.

She showed up early and was eager to meet her charge. She understood the instructions and asked questions where she needed clarification. I also appreciate this. Many teenagers are too embarrassed to ask a question, or assume that they know the answer.

Prince Charming and I had discussed this before hand. We wanted to bribe her. We overpaid her...obscenely...to make an impression. To her credit, and so graciously, she tried to refuse being paid so much. Prince Charming wouldn't let her refuse, though. He told her straight up that it was a bribe and that we wanted her to come back.

The funny thing is, it was probably unnecessary. She told me a number of times as I drove her home that she had had a great time and enjoyed playing with Bunny. Bunny was no trouble for her and went right to sleep after her bottle.

So, all is good and I can go back to having parties and going out again, so long as the Babysitter isn't booked.

Prince Charming and I went out to eat with this new-found freedom. We drove up to the Wisconsin Dells (tourist trap that it is) and had supper at the new restaurant at The Chula Vista Resort - The Kaminski Bros. Chop House.

I have to tell you, the name doesn't do the place justice.

You never really know what you are going to get when you go to someplace new, but this was dining elegance.

I dressed up, but I still felt that I should have done more to dress for the occassion. Of course, as it is at the resort, I was also one of the better dressed people in attendance. (most people had just come from the golf course or water park).

Let's see, how to describe the experience...

The menu could use some work, but the fare was amazing. They brought us the "meat cart" and discussed with us each cut of beef (also fish and lobster). We got an education on what to expect in terms of flavor and portion sizes. They cautioned us that the portions were large.

They came and made our salad at our table - a lovely experience followed by a delicious salad! The wine list was longer than the menu, but we didn't partake. We aren't big wine drinkers. My prince had his favorite beverage and I opted for the Macintosh Apple Martini - which was wonderful.

I ordered the petite filet and Prince Charming ordered the small prime rib and we opted, at the waitresses's suggestion, to share an order of hashbrowns (we had the KBC).

Let's put it this way...Prince Charming's prime rib filled the plate and this man who I have personally witnessed eat a stead and a rack of ribs and still be hungry, barely made a dent in his prime rib. It was that big.

I was able to finish half of my filet, which was so tender it melted like butter in my mouth. It was delicious! The hashbrowns could have fed 12 people! We took practically all of them home.

So, while I would recommend the place, I would urge you to not only come hungry, but bring a crowd with you!
posted by Phoenix | 10:05 AM


>1 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Yay!!

Excellent babysitter!!

Wish you lived in my neighborhood, Sweet One is an awesome baby sitter.

: )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s