Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Why college kids have it easy today
My littlest sister, as many know, is now a college freshman. It boggles the mind, but it is true.

I swear to you, it is unfathomable to me that she has reached this age. I was changing her diapers when I was dating in high school. One of us has gotten way too old for my comfort. Anyway, she sent me an email the other day while she was doing laundry.

That's right. They have wifi in the laundry room. What the hell?!? They are making our college students way too soft. Everybody knows it builds character to have to sit in some dusty, dirty, muggy and creepy basement fending off dust bunnies and boredom by inventing olympic sports involving found socks and laundry detergent boxes. Talk about stifling creativity! What the heck is going to happen to the Gen-Xers when they can surf the 'net while doing their laundry? It is just so wrong. I mean, now they don't even have to worry that someone is going to steal their panties (this used to happen all the time) right from the dryer. They can sit there surfing and protect their panties like a prison warden.

But that's not all!

Would you believe that those coin-op washers and dryers you and I used to beat into submission for stealing our change and getting stuck now take credit cards?

Do I have to remind you that this is going to cut into this generation's math skills? Now, instead of handing over odd amounts during cash transactions so that the teller is forced to give you a quarter back, they'll just swipe the plastic and go back to surfing.

I'm offended. They have life too easy. What's next, huh? No need to go to class, you can watch the lecture on utube? No more walking to class, you can just beam in and out?

College sure ain't as hellish as it used to be. But you'll be happy to know that the weirdness that is the Freshman roommate still exists.
posted by Phoenix | 9:19 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s