Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Charles Rangel = Moonbat
In my opinion, at least.

In case you haven't heard, the honorable Charles Rangel, Democrat, and Representative of the State of New York wants to resurrect the draft. He seems to feel that having a larger army will keep us from going to war. I'm not sure I follow his logic on that, but I find this ironic.

Previously, Rangel had brought this up as a political ploy and as a way of making a statement about Iraq. Indeed, when the Republicans were in charge of the House, they brought his Bill to a vote so as to make him put up or shut up, as it were, knowing full well that it would be defeated. At that time, even Rangel was found to vote against his own Bill. He voted against bringing back the draft. Amazing.

But now that the Democrats are in control, ol' Charlie wants another run at the draft. He thinks our fighting forces should more accurately reflect the makeup of the nation. I don't think he means illegal aliens, either. He wants to see more "rich white kids" and the children of politicians in harms way. Are you following? This Democrat wants to see more dead soldiers coming back to make a statement.

What an idiot. Having more fighting forces - I'm all for that! But, I think it should be by choice, not by edict. The military is a great start to a career in a great many fields. I would be proud if my children would serve, but they should do it by choice. And the reason, beyond freedom issues, is because it makes a better fighting force.

When people resent being somewhere and feel that there is no way out, well...let's just say those aren't your best employees. I think an all-volunteer force is the only way to go.

But, I sure hope the MTV crowd is aware that it is a DEMOCRAT who is threatening their freedom a hell of a lot more than the Patriot Act ever has...
posted by Phoenix | 11:34 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s