Tuesday, November 21, 2006
I don't much care about this
I don't much care about this.

Here's why...If I had a dollar for everytime I had heard an African-American comedian use that word I could fund a 3-month world vacation.

Non-issue, people. If a black man can use the term with impunity, then there is no reason a white man can't use the term. I personally wouldn't use it and don't like it, but if we are being honest, there is no difference. I realize that he was using it in a derogatory way and not necessarily as part of his schtick, but in my opinion it doesn't matter. I've heard people refer generically to all women as "bitches", and this doesn't make me happy either. But, we don't get all shocked when people use this terminology, so why this time?

It is political-correctness run amok. And I'm sick of it.
posted by Phoenix | 12:03 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s