Monday, January 22, 2007
Annoying Commercials
Here is a mini-rant for your Monday reading.

Have you seen this Kia commercial where the sales agents are singing "So Long, Farewell" from The Sound of Music fame? This commercial irks the hell out of me. I'm not exactly sure why, but it offends me. They couldn't find a better tune, or write one of their own, they have to co-opt a song that is part and parcel with happy childhood memories? What's next, selling Bic Razors to The Candyman song? Selling Hanes underwear to that song Mr. Roger's used to sing?

Also, the Geico caveman commercial where the caveman is talking to his therapist and complaining about the "So easy a caveman could do it" ads is just bizarre. Are the commercials so bad that he needs to see a therapist, is that what we are supposed to take away from this? That, and apparently his mother verbally abuses him, I guess. It is inane and I'm not sure what they think they are selling. It isn't even funny.

Don't even get me started on those feminine napkin and tampon commercials that portray life at that time of the month as a 5-day dance party. Who are they kidding? Have a happy period, indeed. Talk about a message that isn't received well during PMS. Everytime I see that, I want to beat the idiot who came up with that ad campaign.

Wow. I need to meditate or something...

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 10:52 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s